Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

8 Tips For How To Write A Good Application For Staff

Discussion in 'Guides & Tutorials' started by Daber_Master, May 7, 2017.

?

Was this guide useful?

1. Yes it was

50.0%
  2. No it was not

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daber_Master

Daber_Master Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If you are planning on applying for staff on MineSuperior or any server for that matter here are a few tips that can help you get staff. Using these tips I got staff on a total of 7 servers 4 of them I'm Admin or Co-Owner. Lets get right into the tips.

1. Be honest in your application: Lying in your application will make you not be trusted. Trust is one of the most important parts about being staff, without trust you can't be staff for very long.

2. Make sure to use proper grammar and spelling: Having good spelling and grammar has a big part in your application, if your grammar or spelling is wrong it shows that you are to lazy to even check your own spelling/grammar. If your lazy the staff team will not want you to help out in any way because they will think you are not active or are to lazy to help, you will have a higher chance of being denied if you mess this up.

3. Don't push it: Do not be like: I'm the BEEEEEEEEEST staff person EVEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pushing things to this extent will most likely result in a deny. It also shows that you are desperate to be staff and being desperate is not a good character for being staff.

4. Use full sentences: Talking in full sentences helps the staff to read your app better and makes it look more appealing. It also shows that you actually put work into what you do.

5. Have a lot of staff experience: Having a lot of experience as staff shows that other people can trust you and that you are right for the job. It also shows that you are willing to devote some time of your day into the server to help better the server.

6. Explain in detail: Explain your answers in detail. Say your answering this question: Why should we accept you as staff? A way you can explain in a detail way is this.

Devotion: (Explain)

Dedication:
    (Explain)

Active: (Explain)

Trust: (Explain)

Cooperation: (Explain)

Sportsmanship: (Explain)

Teamwork: (Explain)

Any of these things are good to include, just show the list and explain how it applies to you.

7. Follow the template given: I have seen too many staff applications that probably would have gotten accepted if it had not been for the fact that they did not follow the template that was given to them on the forums page. Follow The Template. If you do not use the template given then you will be denied, if you do now know where to find the template then just ask the staff for a link.

8. Show proof: When you have posted your staff experience or talked about Tip #6 its best to show proof of what you have stated. If you do not have any proof the staff might think you are lying which can result in a deny.

Now that you have read the 8 tips on how to write a good staff application, its time to see an example of a staff application that got accepted.

*Note* I have replaced the server names/Ip's with <server name> or <server IP> to prevent anyone from thinking I am advertising on anyway

**Note** The template used in this example is different from the one used for this server.

IGN (In Game Name): Fluctra
    Timezone: EST

Do you have a good quality mic?: Yes I currently have the Blue Yeti microphone
    Do you have Telegram & Teamspeak?: Yes I do have Telegram and Teamspeak.

How many hours can you put in the server per week: Based on the day, I can dedicate at least 5-6 hours on the server per day. Based on the day, I will inform an Admin+ if I can not get on.
    Any previous punishments on Faithful?: I am decently sure I was muted once, but that is all I remember.

Any past experiences in being a staff member: As someone who has been playing Minecraft for 4 years. I have had plenty of experience. With this, comes a great staff member. I'll list my previous experiences below.

<server name>: I was the administrator of <server name> until the day I resigned. The server had a player base of 60-100 players per day. I resigned due to the immature staff members, and the manager being someone who had a bad past. I like to keep my slate clean, meaning I like to have a nice reputation as a staff member. It ensures that I haven't a bad past.

<server name>: I was Moderator on <server name> until I resigned to gain a better reputation and experience. The server wasn't known for having a good administrative team. And as stated above, my reputation means a lot to me. I was also harassed. Not by the players, but by the staff. This lead to me being discouraged, and unable to staff on the server without getting harassed. Never the less the server gave me a great experience. I got rid of plenty of hackers. On my first day I strived to becoming the greatest staff I could be. I worked my way up and got moderator with ease. After a couple of days I chose to end my experience with a resignation.

<server name>: I was a Moderator on <server name> for a couple of weeks. I resigned due to me being busy with school, as well as having a better opportunity open up for me. The owner and administrators had called me their best moderator. I enjoyed staffing on this server, honestly even though it was quite small it granted me a great experience I will never forget. The kindness of players, and the staff team. I got promoted after I'd say 4 days as a trial moderator. It came easy to me to get moderator. I had left the server to try to gain more experience and because I was having trouble with school.

<server name>:
    I was Head-Moderator on <server name> it wasn't necessarily my greatest position as this was when I was 13 and had no clue on how to staff on servers. Of course I did learn and ended up being a good staff member. But I was harassed here. To a point where I was inactive because of it. At the time I felt like resigning was pity, but eventually I was so demotivated as staff that I just disappeared from the community basically. I ended up being demoted a short time after. One of the very few staff experiences I was DEMOTED from. It's sad to say I was demoted from a server because I would never want to be. Yes, leaving a server is terrible, and it honestly hurts me when I do it but I have to do what I have to do. Since this experience I have grown as a staff member, and person in all.

<server name>: I was Manager/CoOwner at the time where the server got 40-60 players per day. This was my first ever experience. I stayed staff on the server for over a year and I had learned a lot. I had got demoted because I was inactive when my computer had broken but I told the owner. This has got to be my all time longest experience. I was devoted to this server for over a year close to 2. I had stayed during ETBs, during the servers darkest days. I had even been GIVEN the server and I stuck with it. I continued to help out. Eventually I gave the server back to the original owner and just kept my position as CoOwner/Manager. Another one of my very few experiences I was demoted from. As stated above, I was demoted due to me being inactive. BUT I wouldn't have been inactive if my computer weren't broken! But ever since I was demoted on Chaotic I have taken staffing to the next level and started acting more mature about the job.

<server name>: Now, this is actually a more recent experience I have had. Yes, I was a previous staff before hand but, I thought I'd include this. My start on the <server name> staff team was on Map 11. I was Trial Mod and had gotten demoted for a reason which is unclear. Recently, I reapplied and got accepted! I was staff for a week or 2 and I was the position of Moderator (Shadings and Madistone can vouch on my position) I was demoted because they decided to revamp the staff team. Though, it was an unfortunate demotion. To be quite honest, <server name> isn't known for having the brightest reputation. I am not too proud of this experience, but none the less I enjoyed it. I worked my way up to mod within 5 days of being staff I believe. The staff were very kind, they took the time out of their day to help me and show me what to do if I ever was clueless about something. It is the one thing I admired the most about the <server name> staff team. Though I was demoted I can accept it, and become a better staff member, and person in all.

There are other servers I have been staff on but I chose not to list them. I only listed relevant experiences.

Why do you want to become staff?: I would like staff on <server name> because not only is it a good server but because I feel as if I am fit for the position. I've had plenty experience, as stated above. I'm good friends with some of the administrators on the team.. Sharping, Shadings, etc. I enjoy having a great experience on a server, and that's why I'd like to be staff. I want to give people a good experience like I have had. Enhance the gaming experience for players throughout the server, keep the server as hacker free as possible. I would also be able to monitor the chat, spammers, racism, etc.. I am also a huge perfectionist. When I do the job, I do it right. I make sure that I have all the handbooks open on my screen so I don't do incorrect punishments throughout each staff experience I have had. I can record proof, I can do it all basically. Give me a shot and I will make sure to prove myself a good staff. I’ve also made previous applications, which have had no responses. I am hoping this application gets some great feedback and a response. I’m not a reputable person in-game, but I am not toxic in-game. I feel as if.. if I were toxic I wouldn’t be applying. Staff need to be caring, no not like “Cradle a baby caring” but they need to know when to stop saying things, and when something needs to be said. I myself do. Something I have recently taken up is just talking to people. I like to go on the TeamSpeak and just talk in public rooms with some people. Sometimes people do say rude things, but I am sure not to comment back. I am a respectful person and will not fire shots back. It's a true honor to be given a shot at staff on <server name> . You may think I am over exaggerating but I am not. I have experienced staff justifying where they stand, I have also looked up to those staff, and hoped to be one of them. Since then I've been improving. Seeing what I could do to prove myself worthy. I've improved my screensharing, reread the rules, I've also watched the punishments given in chat. I can be a good staff member, and being granted the position will allow me to prove to you that I can. Since I've started playing on faithful I have noticed how busy staff are. Especially with the 3.0 revamp recently releasing. With this, came a lot of players. A lot more then there were on the previous maps, which lead to staff becoming more busy and having to help more players. They can't help everyone out at once, I understand that. But I will be able to consistently help out with support rooms whenever needed. I've also grown to LOVE the server! Currently one of the only servers I play. It is super enjoyable. From the kitmap, to the HCF servers. I also am excited for the release of the PRACTICE server! I have grown to love the community, though at times it is considerably toxic, but with the player count it has the amount of non toxic people on the server is OUTSTANDING! I enjoy working with these kind of communities. That concludes why I would like to be staff.

Why should we accept you as staff?:
    You should accept me as staff for the following reasons.

Maturity: Throughout my staffing experience I ensure to keep a mature era. I am honestly quite known for being able to handle situations with ease, without having to yell or backtalk another person. Sometimes, I do like to have a laugh with friends but that does not stop me from doing my job as a staff member.

Dedication: As someone who has staffed on lots of servers, dedication is necessary. I’ve made sure to stay as a staff member until I have reached my very limits doing so. There is a low chance of me resigning from Faithful as One > I am good friends with a decent amount of staff on the team. Two > I feel like leaving Faithful would be a bad decision, and a decision I would regret.

Microphone: This is very important for a staff member, to make sure that the players can hear you clearly when you one, ask one they need. Two, answer the question.

Activity: I myself am one to be active on a server I enjoy. If I am unable to make it on a certain day someone would know of the situation arisen.

Guides/Handbooks/Rules: This is something I find very important as a staff. As staff, you must be able to follow the player and staff rules. I am fairly good at memorizing staff handbooks.. But I always keep them open just in case to recheck the punishments for certain things to make sure I give out the correct punishment.

Q&A: I can be constantly in teamspeak waiting for players who need assistance. I can swiftly move someone in, answer there question, and move on to the next person in a matter of time. I am also very good at answering a question based on what the question is about. If it is something that an admin must answer I would politely ask them to go to admin waiting room as I cannot answer the question. If it is towards a certain staff I would ask them to wait in Specific Person waiting room. But if it is something of my abilities that I can answer then I will be sure to give them the correct reply.

Trust: I am a very trustworthy person. I know I have stated this quite frequently in my application but my reputation means a lot to me. It is something that gets me staff on servers. With this, you can trust me with a position. I have never destroyed/griefed/abused on a server before and I plan to keep it that way.

Screensharing: Where did I learn to screenshare? VeltPvP. Though you would think if I got staff on Velt I would know how to screenshare. Me being me, I didn't. At the time the staff member "SickeLotus" was a Senior Moderator and saw my struggle in the screensharing factor. He had taught me how to screenshare and saved me from getting demoted due to not knowing how. I thank him for that. Since then I have improved my screensharing techniques, and still look for criticism on how I could improve.

Teamwork: As I am rereading my application I noticed that I forgot this subject. This is a major subject that staff should have. A staff "team" they must be able to work together and get along. Even if they don't they need to throw aside one another's differences and get along as much as possible to set a good example. Each staff of the server is representing the server. From Helpers - Owners. You may think Helper isn't a major position, but in reality it is. Me, as helper I would represent the server with confidence and respect. It's looked at like this, the type of staff they hire really bases off the players. If a player doesn't like a staff member, or a whole group doesn't like a staff member.. It could be a bad reputation for the server as they have just hired a strongly disliked staff member. I myself am not disliked throughout the community of Faithful. I would be nothing but a good staff member and I hope that the other staff are too.

Recording: I have multiple recording softwares. For example; OBS, Action, DxTory, Fraps, etc. I can record major punishments just in case I do get called out for abuse. I will make sure that I have proof of each punishment and justify that I was not abusing and the punishments given were fair.

Cooperation: I myself, think I am someone easy to get along with and just talk with. I don't think that if I were on the staff team other staff members would dislike me. I'd say that throughout all of my experiences I have learned more and more about teamwork and cooperation by now it is just a habbit to have a good attitude around anyone and everyone.

Sportsmanship: I believe sportsmanship is something necessary as staff. For example; You were staff before someone and they got promoted before you did. It's something that has happened a lot to me. I first would find out why I wasn't promoted and strive to ensure next time I do better to get a promotion faster. I would congratulate the person, though inside I may be jealous. The position they have is well deserved and I would make sure to show that in my actions. I would not start drama if this were to happen

Reputation: In my opinion, this matters a lot. If you are known for.. lets say DDoSing then you won't really be welcomed on a staff team. If you are known for ETBing then you have a very low chance. This is why I keep my slate clean. I've never griefed, destroyed, or abused on a server. Though I have been accused of doing so all of it has been proven wrong. Throughout this I have made sure to due to me noticing others getting denied due to there reputation. There and then I started making sure I had never done anything that could possibly affect my reputation, or chances at staff. Even being a toxic player in-game COULD lower your chances.

I really believe I would be a good candidate for staff. Due to my experience, consistency, attitude, dedication, etc. These few reasons behind as to why I should become a staff on Faithful and why I should be chosen really mean a lot. Not only will I be representing the server but I will also be showing my skill as a staff. I am well worthy of the position and hope to encourage anyone else who thinks they are too. "Go big, or go home" That's my aim. I am going big by applying for Faithful, and I don't see myself going home until I achieve my goals. I am a good fit for the positions due to the reasons stated above. Granted, I do get staff I will be able to prove that I can help players as well as remove hackers off the network. I not only have highly acceptable playtime on the server but I have a great reputation. I am not known for doing ANYTHING bad or being toxic.

Additional Information: I am a 15 year old girl who enjoys playing games. I am currently on a swim team. I have swim practice every day of the week for 2 hours. I am currently in year one of spanish, and am able to speak some spanish but I am still learning. I have played Minecraft itself for in total about 4 years. I've played the Pocket Edition, Console Edition, and now the P.C edition. I am looking to expand the games I play but for right now I have been playing minecraft. I have been staffing on servers a couple years after I started the game. It's probably been 2 years of me staffing on servers. I love to play kitmap! I would rather staff, then play the game but I do play the game sometimes. That's basically a lot about me.

Yours Truly,
    Fluctra

I hope you guys find this guide helpful! :D <3
    Sorry if it was a little long this person included a lot of detail :)

Signed: ~MT

2. MiaTheGirl

MiaTheGirl Popular Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Better Tip : Don't become staff.

3. iTwitchTV

iTwitchTV Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Even better tip: Don't make a thread on tips of becoming staff when you aren't staff :c

4. Poonda

Poonda Panda! Panda Panda Panda!

Ratings:
    +249
    Even Even Better Tip: You're staff on 10 player servers. "Co-Owner" only 10 player servers do that.

5. GetInTheVan

Ratings:
    +488
    Even Even Betterer tip: all staff are slaves just give em a good whip and they will do what ever you want

#5 GetInTheVan, May 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  6. xPSV

xPSV i was > i am

Ratings:
    +280
    Ultimate tip : ask mia out

7. GetInTheVan

Ratings:
    +488
    She only need 1 tip ;3 ;3

8. MiaTheGirl

MiaTheGirl Popular Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Smh

9. GetInTheVan

Ratings:
    +488
  10. TheMadCatz

TheMadCatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    +1

11. Randomb

Randomb Senpai

Ratings:
    +404
    As Mia said just not becoming Staff is the best course of action. Just remember, although management take selecting our staff members seriously, it shouldn't turn into a job application. I kept mine simple and only expanded on what was neccesary.

https://minesuperior.com/threads/randoms-staff-application.17834/

And what do you know I was accepted in four days. And don't make a tip page on how to become staff if you aren't! You just sound like a hypocrite no offense.

12. MyNameIsMystery

MyNameIsMystery Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46
    the best tip ever: I did less detail and got valid :/

13. iTwitchTV

iTwitchTV Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Getting validation just means you have to meet the requirements :p

14. MyNameIsMystery

Ratings:
    +46
    yeh ik lol and one of them is to have ur app 600 words or over

15. BoxmanLegend

BoxmanLegend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32
    You should apply :D hahaha

16. TheAwsomeGamer04

TheAwsomeGamer04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76
    I don't see the point of this. I understand you're trying to give players more help in becoming staff, but some of this is unnecessary.
    Then why do you use Fluctra's application, if you're staff on so many servers? Is it because you don't use these tips?

I believe that those things are used more heavily on HCF related servers, but they are nice.

17. MyNameIsMystery

Ratings:
    +46
    your profile picture explains the situation lol

18. SickeLotus

SickeLotus Newcomer

Ratings:
    +0

Ayeeeeeee

19. Randomb

Randomb Senpai

Ratings:
    +404
    You can't post on threads over two weeks old, let alone thirteen.

*Locked;Necroposting*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.