Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Towny Exalted Abusing Exploits

Discussion in 'Towny Server' started by TechYes, Aug 11, 2019.

1. TechYes

TechYes Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Attention members affected and aware of the recent "discovery" that you can create a nation for a town that you don't belong to.

When I first did this in the game it caused Pebbles to /m me asking how it was done. I explained this and asked if it was a problem, and apologized if it was. I received no reply or warning about it, and I assumed it was a part of the game since I've been able to do that on all the towny servers I've played on. But just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

The reason this should not be done is the following:

The 2.5m that is required to create a nation will be taken from the town bank that is created as the capital. At first we thought (because it was not thought through, and it was exciting and fun) that it was coming out of our own pockets, and "no harm done, they'll just be deleted tomorrow". However, this is considered abuse of an exploit because it could be used to force towns to shut down by draining their banks.

It was wrong to share the details of how to perform this command, and I apologize to the members who followed my lead after I "THOUGHT" It was okay, since Pebbles and I talked about it with no negative resolution.

I'm sorry to ThyDarkrai, Alphurr, ZenoBlaze, and especially EpicFighter3, who JUST came back from a month long ban, and for some reason was Perm'd instead of Temp banned.

Please consider that this is a feature in the game, and that the consequences of doing this were not understood by those who participated. If asked to stop, we would definitely comply.

Imagine getting yourself banned on your birthday :p

See you guys in 3 days. (bans under 1 week cannot be appealed)

2. Alphurr

Alphurr Newcomer

Ratings:
    +6
    #FreeEpic

3. LoomisFire

LoomisFire Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    lucky you didnt get it longer for sharing exploits instead of reporting babe

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. epicfighter4

epicfighter4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    when u report an exploit and get banned

5. TechYes

TechYes Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I did report it :) talked to Pebbles and showed how but it wasn't considered an Exploit, it's a feature of the game. We had a brief discussion and the conclusion was... nothing. I wasn't warned so I assumed that it was fine.*

I also explicitly asked by saying "I"m sorry if I shouldn't do it"" then something to the affect of "It's just the command itself, not a glitch?"

6. Alphurr

Alphurr Newcomer

Ratings:
    +6
    i spoke to Pebbles as well, he didnt tell me to stop doing it...

7. epicfighter4

Ratings:
    +26
    well that's a shame

8. TechYes

TechYes Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
  9. Alphurr

Alphurr Newcomer

Ratings:
    +6
    Never forget when Pebbles went full soy and nuked half of Empire staff

10. TechYes

TechYes Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    You're right, I didn't think to use the forums on this one since it wasn't really a "bug" in my eyes. Towny servers that allow wars would have it set up so that only the king who won the war could issue nation licenses to towns. But in this case there really is no use for it and disabling it was likely an oversight.

11. ZenoBlaze

ZenoBlaze Member

Ratings:
    +14
  12. Bronxi

Bronxi Member

Ratings:
    +18
    How tf did a feature of the game become an exploit when an Admin or (whatever Pebbles is) should be demoted for having a player report a problem and the staff person not either make an announcement on discord to not use the "feature" or disable the feature..

Sounds like a failure on Pebbles behalf..

13. Alphurr

Alphurr Newcomer

Ratings:
    +6
    Bronxi, and that's why we continued using it, when I reported it he hit me with a phat "im aware"... never told me to stop or that it was remotely against the rules, also, epic's ban should be reduced to a 3 day along with the rest of us, he also reported it and was told basically the same thing...

14. Bronxi

Bronxi Member

Ratings:
    +18
    The failure of a server is the owners letting incompetent players become staff and run the server by giving them titles like "management" and "Admin" and expecting them to know what the fucks going on..
    When you hold staff accountable for stupidity their answers are like "we have a life outside the server" or "i can't be on 24/7" or "we don't get paid for this"

Then how about not become staff or be consistent in your time you play like you were consistent before you became staff??

Simple answer is the Owner knows a server this size is easy cash flow and as long as they dont have to cut the profit and pay staff to do a good job, the mediocre quality will be enough as staff are replaceable, players are replaceable and so are Donors.

15. DaBlackBadger

DaBlackBadger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I had a long ass Explanation typed out but you know what I've said it all before so here is the Quick Answer

You Play On A Free Server.
    Devs are Typically the only one's who get paid on a server that is Free To Play.
    Money Isn't Guaranteed, No one HAS to donate.
    Servers Cost Big Bucks. Go try and rent a server that can support the # of people this server. (More Ram, More Player Slots = $$$$$$)

IF You don't like it here Go find another server. No Server is Perfect and Frankly All that is here took a lot of Time and Effort of Many People. Not to mention the investment of Time and Money the owner put into it.

16. epicfighter4

Ratings:
    +26
    what Minecraft server isn't free lmao

17. DaBlackBadger

DaBlackBadger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
    free to play none, to be a owner of well lots of ppl play realms I guess so they pay to have there own server to play with there friends on. But I guess none?

18. epicfighter4

Ratings:
    +26
    Thing is owning a realm is close to owning a server cus both owners will have to pay to keep it up while letting other players join it