Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

bring back /afk!

Discussion in 'Creative Server' started by Aj Conner, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Aj Conner

Aj Conner Newcomer

Ratings:
    +3
    A suggestion also from Uknownymous, /afk should be added back, but only granted to people with ranks, and the delay should be somewhere around 10-20 seconds

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Teywer

Teywer Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +210
    another way to decrease spamming of the command is to remove the ability to type /afk and have it say "Teywer is no-longer afk". if people want to leave /afk, they can either move around a bit or they can type something in chat. This would mean that they would have to perform at least two actions to spam, as opposed to just sending the same message over and over again.

3. Shanees12345

Shanees12345 Minesuperior, A server made to be the best.

Ratings:
    +331
    -1, useless command, nobody needs to know that you're gone..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Osh_King25

Osh_King25 Osh_King25#1514
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +228
    Or just have it so it automatically detects? For example, if you don't move for a minute.

5. Teywer

Teywer Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +210
    That would cause issues with people typing long W/E commands, or people who are engaged in conversation. I will often not move in a minute on creative, because I am busy in chat

6. TheLegendJet

TheLegendJet Member

Ratings:
    +18
    The Command should work something like this:
    Not moving triggers the afk state after 5 Minutes.
    If you type /afk <message> you'll go into the afk state aswell, but instead of only saying "<Name> is afk when trying to pm said Person it'd say "<Name> is afk <message>"
    Typing in any Channel / Moving / Performing any Action should undo the Afk state / Reset the Timer.

Should not be announced in chat, due to it being too spammy, but a lot of People try to message others that are afk, but don't know that they are.
    Would be a great Addition for any Gamemode on the Server really and probably very easy to implement.

Happened a couple of Times to me that people got annoyed that I didn't answer while not even being at my Computer, but Online, due to there not being an Afk Marker.

+1 good Suggestion, please add for towny exalted aswell <3

7. Aj Conner

Aj Conner Newcomer

Ratings:
    +3

I love this idea, great way to avoid chat spam and make /afk still have a function
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2019 ---
    I agree, but making wouldnt them typing in chat spam it more if timed correctly?

8. TheWildSkeever

TheWildSkeever Popular Member

Ratings:
    +119
    +1 :p

9. Osh_King25

Osh_King25 Osh_King25#1514
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +228
    Well I mean not having any interaction and the time would probably be expanded.

10. Amovik01

Amovik01 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +118
    I dont see the point in having /afk. People will use that command when they get muted for spamming. -1.

11. TheWildSkeever

Ratings:
    +119
    What if they make it so you can’t?

12. Amovik01

Amovik01 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +118
    What?

13. TheLegendJet

TheLegendJet Member

Ratings:
    +18
    They'd use it when they get muted for what? Have a message appear for People who /msg them?
    I don't really see your Point in this case.

Probably was referring to a "If <playerx> is punished by <mute> then it should disable the allowance of the command in itself"

Since it's not announced in Chat I don't see a Point in not having it, also if it's abused it could be put under "Misuse of the /afk Command"
    Maybe only People with Donator Ranks can use it something, I don't know. Be creative.
    This is basically only a Suggestion and if we all Think about some Parts it may be possible to get it added.

14. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +635

no point

15. TheWildSkeever

Ratings:
    +119
    i meant if they are muted u cant do the /afk cmd

16. Amovik01

Amovik01 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +118
    My point is that when the player gets muted, the other way to spam is by using /afk. Understand?

#16 Amovik01, Feb 13, 2019 at 3:02 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  17. Shanees12345

Ratings:
    +331
    Isn't the point of the /afk command to show people that you're afk? I doesn't make sense to only show you that you're afk because you
    arleady know :confused_black_guy: .. What Amovik is saying is;

> User gets muted
    > User gets annoyed
    > User decides to have a tantrum
    > User spams the /afk command to get attention

18. TheLegendJet

TheLegendJet Member

Ratings:
    +18
    You guys really don't read what I type heh?
    Let me make it clear for ya

READ THIS CAREFULLY AND NOT REPEAT THE Questions I already answered. Thanks.:

Not moving = AFK after 300 Seconds of Idling.

>>>>NOT announced<<<<< in Chat to >>>>>PREVENT spam<<<<<<<

/msg <Name> -> "<Name is afk:idling>"

If you type /afk <sleeping> :

People who try to go:
    /msg <Name> Hey?
    See this: "<Name> is afk:sleeping"

Typing in any Channel / Moving / Performing any Action should undo the Afk state / Reset the Timer.

Should not be announced in chat, due to it being too spammy, but a lot of People try to message others that are afk, but don't know that they are and unless the Server restarts / Crashes / Your internet goes out, or you eventually remember to logout or stay online due to afk Cookers etc... you'll not logout usually.

Is this more Clear to understand for everyone?
    @Shanees12345 @Amovik01

Would require Players to use their Brain and actually try to /msg the Player instead of going "Hey <name> are you there?" in Global every 2 Minutes.

19. Shanees12345

Ratings:
    +331
    Well then in this case there is no need to add a 'complex' AFK system, if people used their brain to judge whether or not a player was active if they messaged an individual and didn't get a reply.. Why would someone do this just to let someone know that they're sleeping, walking their dog, taking a shower? It's pointless and a waste of time. Do you understand this? Heh Heh Heh Heh

20. carstairs95

carstairs95 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +40
    Ok, this is getting rather out of hand. AFK was removed due to it having massively negative effects of spam in chat, an occurrence which was wayyyyyyy to common.

More often than not people would use it to spam, rather than to signify AFK. I don’t really understand why people need to use this command. To me it is fairly obvious when people are afk and therefore I don’t view it as a necessity. I know it can be useful but we have to remember that it only shows the message once when you go afk, meaning that all the people who join won’t know either.

The only way I can see this working is to remove it from player control, meaning that the /afk command won’t be returned but the message may be. This would prevent lag, but then again might create inadvertent spam in chat. I would say that after 1.5 minutes of no activity, that being typing or moving, then you will be classed as afk.

This means that it’s unlikely to happen when typing in chat or commands, and if it does, it will be a rarity.

Anyway, that’s the way I see this.

Car ❤️