Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Event Creative Spawn Build Competition #1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Yive, Jan 31, 2019.

1. bustedhart

bustedhart Member

Ratings:
    +1
    mythic rather have a /warp end instead of a portal and have it consist with a rank preferably rank hydra

2. GetintheVan

Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +279
    Ez competition
    Ez win

3. Teywer

Teywer Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +96
    Sure sure, lets see your build team

4. carstairs95

carstairs95 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +32
    No I will not build it for you

5. carstairs95

carstairs95 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +32
    Not quite that simple

6. Big bad

Big bad Newcomer

Ratings:
    +0
  7. GetintheVan

Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +279
    Custom Enchants
    Yes you will

8. Uknownymous

Uknownymous Member

Ratings:
    +12
    It would be nice if @Yive added requirements for a section of markets (some purchasable and others NPC ran) and embassies (purchasable) in the spawn, since it's not hard to set up in an effective manner. So long as there are measures in place so new players can still find their way around the spawn, even a large sprawling city spawn like that would be fine. It's Towny after all, no? It's not Factions where people hardly build anything impactful and mostly focus on strength and efficiency. ;)
    ...if not, well, I suppose me and Amonine will have a lot of houses and a couple of ships which won't be accessible at all, hiding away in the background behind barrier blocks. Those will be the "blocked off rooms", numbering several dozen and more. :p

9. Teywer

Teywer Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +96
    Exalted currently has a “market” section, but absolutely noone uses it. People far prefer to build their own shops in their own towns, and have control over who can visit via that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Ckthegreat

Ckthegreat Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    same osh

11. Andhalped

Andhalped Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +35
    For Exalted, that's... yea no.. there is a /warp market already that has absolutely nothing. People like building and designing their very own shops, being able to show off their towns, with no restrictions

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Amovik01

Amovik01 Builder
    Builder

Ratings:
    +109
    good luck to everyone!

13. Uknownymous

Uknownymous Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have not seen the market there, but considering the incredibly unappealing spawn... is the market actually any good? I'd assume it's not, and that too ends up being something heavily off-putting when people consider setting up stalls to sell stuff.

While that would control who can visit, a market in a special location with an appealing set-up should be more than capable of getting the right sort of attention? It would be a server-wide market, after all. The only major issue I'd see is that there's no control over who buys the plot, but via world-guard (or however they feel like doing it) it could be limited to only people of a certain rank doing the command in that area, and people who haven't been online in a while (perhaps a third (or less) of the time it takes for towns, as it's a competitive market) could be removed regardless of balance, in a bid to make sure the market actually has occupants which sell things rather than swathes of dead stalls.

...personally? If a market looked nice, had a clear warp like "/warp market", and had those countermeasures in place? I would use it~. ...especially when it's part of the spawn so it's easily accessible rather than being lost in a world of its own.

...oh, and if you didn't know, you can actually use those purchasable market stalls and embassies to advertise your town even when you're offline. A little suggestion of a command to get there on a sign, for instance.

#33 Uknownymous, Feb 1, 2019 at 11:37 PM
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  14. Andhalped

Andhalped Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +35
    Well lets just say... it took me months to realize it was a market where you could actually put up shops... /warp market takes you to a completely empty room with text in the air saying "Welcome to the market" [​IMG]

Leaving that room leads you to the market itself which is... [​IMG]

Completely dead... quite a few of the shops are rented, but nothing in them. I believe if people started setting up stands here for real though, it would become more appealing to have stands, and more and more people would want to. I guess it just never had that solid start it would've needed.
    PLUS with shops in your own town you can have pipe systems and cookers and extra storage going under and around the shop itself which means less effort to maintain

15. bustedhart

bustedhart Member

Ratings:
    +1
    @Andhalped you aren't wrong the /warp market on mythic is starting grow slowly and become less dead and more appealing but i am afraid it will soon die out again because most people have been doing /ah which should probably just be removed to have /warp market alive again

16. Andhalped

Andhalped Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +35
    Disagree. /ah is a good place for single items. You wouldn't setup a chest shop to sell 1 monthly pick for example. And it's a lot easier to see everything in /ah than it will ever be in a market

17. Pie3

Pie3 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    lol giftcards for your store? cmon yive this thing is a joke. you won't get any good builds out of this, you might aswell hire a real build team.

Everyone in this thread is disregarding builders thinking that they would do it like it's something easy to do. You have very specific needs for this spawn and it will take a lot of work and effort, and to put it blatantly, the prize isn't worth anything.

18. Randomb

Randomb Senpai

Ratings:
    +404
    This looks pretty interested. Hopefully I'll have the time to have a go at this.

19. clicx

clicx Tea & Crumpets
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +479
    Haven't seen you in a while...

20. LemonJuice

LemonJuice Newcomer

Ratings:
    +4
    It's Juicy_Lemon_