Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

I Have a Crush At School but Don't Know What To Do

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by C.L., Jan 9, 2019.

1. C.L.

C.L. Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    So there's this girl I like in one of my classes. I sit right next to her. There are a few problems though:
    • I don't know what to talk about with her. I would enjoy a conversation about things below the surface(ex: hypothetical scenarios such as; what would you do if X happened) instead of something shallow such as hobbies, sports(I'm not into sports), etc.
    • We work on the computers in that class, and we both have some work to catch up on, so there isn't much time to have a possibly lengthy discussion.
    • She's on her cellphone and I wouldn't want to seem rude and catch her attention in the middle of her "precious" cellphone time. (I have gotten her off her phone a few times to talk to her a bit, but I would "force" myself into talking to her because I'm a bit nervous.)
    • She doesn't answer my messages on FB messenger(she could be playing hard to get or still hasn't changed her privacy settings to hide her number).
    • Even if I did know what to talk about, I would be too nervous to talk right away; it would take weeks, days, or half the class period(at best) to build up the courage to talk to her.
    There are a few body language and social signs that I hope means she likes me, such as: eye contact when I talk to her, occasionally twirling or playing with her hair, and whenever she crosses her legs her foot is pointing towards my side of the table.

Before I start dating her, I want to actually build a frienship 'cause, y'know, the best relationships are rooted in friendship. Also, if she already finds another guy interesting, I am not properly "equipped" to handle competition because I actually only had 2 girlfriends in my lifetime, and the last one didn't go well because we didn't talk. I don't want to make the same mistake again... So here I am asking people on a minecraft server for advice.

#1 C.L., Jan 9, 2019 at 12:58 AM
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Teywer

Teywer Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +154
    Ok, so here’s what you do.
    A: postpone
    B: procrastinate
    C: worry
    D: overthink it
    E: rinse and repeat untill you realise that the end of school has come and nothing has happened

3. charon

charon Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Literally just talk to her. Think of her as a friend, more so than a crush. Feeling like you have to force yourself to talk to her, is never a good thing to feel. If she takes action and puts down her phone just to talk to you, then you're making progress. Good luck my man.

4. CherryKii

CherryKii Prison, Staff, and Donation Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +99
    Don't let any females get to you if they won't give you the time of day. If she can't bother to look up from her phone to have a conversation with you then she most definitely isn't the one for you. Good luck nevertheless.

5. Snukie

Snukie Server Staff
    Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +45
    A wise man once said wing it

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. C.L.

C.L. Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    LOL I won't even be in the same school next year and the only means of long distance contact we have with each other so far is facebook, but she doesn't answer my messages.
    Whenever I talk to her, she looks away from her phone and makes eye contact. She just doesn't start conversations with me, I'd have to be the one to start talking.
    What if I don't know what to talk about?

7. Nvra

Nvra ♡ devilish angel ♡
    Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +93
    tbh, if u like her a lot and see a positive future with her then go for it
    there's nothing to lose and in the end if she says no its her loss
    and honestly, if she really can't get her mind off of her phone then
    she's probably not worth it to be honest
    but anyhow, good luck with her!!

8. diablomaster9045

diablomaster9045 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds like there is progress. Just first try to build a friendship and use that friendship as a base to grow it into a relationship.

Here are some ideas for things to talk about:
    Good books
    Hobbies you are passionate about (be careful with video games since some people this is a turn off, test the waters with something like, "Hey, any chance do you like video games? )
    current school gossip about teachers
    music / upcoming concert you want to go to

9. Liam Rogers

Liam Rogers Member

Ratings:
    +1
  10. C.L.

C.L. Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    About us having Facebook, she unfriended me a few weeks ago, so yesterday I asked her why she did and she said she was just unfriending a lot of people (in other words, cleaning her friends list). It's funny how the unfriending coincidentally happened just after I commented on her new profile pic with a heart eyes emoji. I asked if I should resend a friend request and she says "yeah, if you want to."

I started talking to her and asked her if she likes Star Trek. She says she doesn't know what it is. I should get her started on it. Maybe I should also get her started on watching the Gmod Idiot Box video series on youtube? It's crazy funny.

In 7th period, someone asked me if I liked her and I said yes, and then he and another guy tells me that she said she likes me and will tell me that tomorrow.:D I will be waiting. I just hope they aren't bullshitting me. Though they worded it "she wants to suck your dick," I hope that exact wording isn't accurate because I find that disgusting, and I wouldn't know exactly how to respond to that.:eek: But it's leaps and bounds of progress! I just hope she and I are not gonna skip building the friendship!

I also gotta question the definition of friendship. If I'm some guy who's willing to help her with that word document or get paper for her, and sometimes talk with her, does that mean we're friends, or would I just be some helpful acquaintance? I'm also the kind of person who doesn't respond to greetings, I just grunt and/or nod, unless it's "hey" then I'll say "hay's for horses/cows." I should start being more friendly when it comes to greetings, but that kind of behavioral change doesn't seem to come easy for me.

#10 C.L., Jan 9, 2019 at 9:33 PM
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Brow

Brow Active Member

Ratings:
    +80
  12. ExplodingHearts

ExplodingHearts Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    EASY. Ask her to play minesuperior with you. Show her your amazing abilities on minecraft and boom, girlfriend forever! (TIP) show her redstone creations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. C.L.

C.L. Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, I lost my great builds here on the creative server, no more playing minesuperior for me anymore. The following rant will explain:
    My creative plot was cleared so I gave up on minesuperior and quit playing! :( I lost a whole plot with a Portal styled map and a bunch of other cool shit, and for what, a little hate wall?(A thing I had of scumbag minecraft players I hate with their heads and signs.) The staff member who cleared it didn't even leave me a message, they just left it up to me to guess why my ENTIRE plot was emptied. Whoever cleared my plot is a scumbag, everything I built before then I lost it all now! While it is my responsibility to not have "hate speech," I also feel it is the staff's responsibility to at least warn me before CLEARING MY ENTIRE FUCKING PLOT OVER ONE FUCKING STRUCTURE!:mad: Now I just hang around the forums. From now on, any great builds I make are on MY OWN singleplayer worlds, not some server where some shithead can come along and clear all my builds!

I very seriously doubt that my crush is a minecraft player. Whenever she gets on her phone, it's "social" media or memes or something IDK. Even if she is a minecraft player, I wouldn't have much to show her on minesuperior, and I am reluctant to build things on this server again. If she isn't into minecraft, I doubt that she would become my girlfriend just because of my abilities in a block game.

If I could teleport in real life or had super speed like the flash I would do it right in front of her, or if I had futuristic gadgets (examples: a device that attracts plegm, or a fancy skintight spacesuit, or a force field) I would give them to her. But I can't teleport in real life, I don't have super speed, and I don't have futuristic tech... *Sigh*

At the end of the day, you'll find it's not all about impressing the girl with your abilities, it's about how you treat her and other people and conduct yourself.

#13 C.L., Jan 10, 2019 at 1:13 AM
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  14. Teywer

Teywer Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +154
    Trust me, from 5 years being nice to someone and them being pretty much my only friend, that doesnt really work

15. bustedhart

bustedhart Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hmm how about slap her in the face then tell her to give you attention you need to show her your alpha male it always worked for me when i was school i always showed out like be the tough guy punch the biggest and most baddest guy in your school and if that is you then beat up your principal

No all in seriousness if she is too busy playing on the phone and is messenger,facebook, what ever social media and isn't focusing on whats around her then 10/10 she isn't going to focus on you look for someone else if you think she likes you from what people tells you or what you tell yourself then just ask her if she would like to go to the movies or out to the park go somewheres together atleast besides school if she rejects or comes up with multiple excuses then she doesn't like you and is time to look for someone because if you keep trying at the same girl then you will try too much and make her uncomfortable leading to soooo many things so you do you

16. ExplodingHearts

ExplodingHearts Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    lol it was a joke but you took it so seriously, i hope you can both play minecraft together though.

17. SilverMC

SilverMC Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I would suggest you look into the behavior of primates such as gorillas, chimps, and Baboons to get an insight into how you must behave with a female you seek to be with. Try to act like the alpha primate, Bang on your chest and emit high volume noises while touching the girl. There is quite a lot of information available, so I hope that's helpful to your situation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Jonaw_

Jonaw_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81
    good luck, my friend c: you can do it ;o

19. Shanees12345

Shanees12345 Minesuperior, A server made to be the best.

Ratings:
    +312
    Sounds like a neckbeard/incel problem
    You could visit Incel.net, you might find some answers to your questions

20. C.L.

C.L. Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Yeah, I'm not gonna do that alpha male shit. It veers into toxic masculinity and I want nothing to do with that shit.

Thanks to everyone for pitching in advice, though!
    Like I said, she doesn't ignore me for her phone. When I talk to her, she looks away from her phone. Y'all seem to ignore the fact that I said that earlier.

Yesterday they told me that today she will tell me that she likes me. (Hopefully they are just exaggerating when they said she wants to suck my dick.) I wouldn't be surprised though, since her body language has already told me. I am not just telling myself this, I am basing this observation off of research on body language and the way she acts around me. Based on my observations, I wouldn't say those guys are lying to me, I believe them when they said she likes me. Later today, if they're telling me the truth, she will tell me.

Edit: People are testing in our normal classroom. It seems that my class is split to share 2 classrooms with their classes and she's not in the same classroom that I'm in. I went to the other classroom but she isn't there either. Well, I guess she can tell me tomorrow.

Edit 2: Found her in the workshop right outside of the classroom. A bunch of other kids were hiding her phone from her. :D In retaliation she stole the wallet of one of the kids. He was trying to to get it back. I was thinking "should I intervene?" but I was like "nah, prime directive." I only helped her find her phone, I didn't intervene anymore than that.

#20 C.L., Jan 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019