Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Mining Spawners While Being Raided

Discussion in 'Factions Server' started by Tyy, May 15, 2019.

?

Should people be allowed to mine their spawners while they're getting raided?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. Tyy

Tyy Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Hello

As a current member of the colorful community of factions, I find it very hard to be enjoyable when I am spending hours to build cannons just to /f value a faction and see that they have mined ALL their spawners/worth. It makes it extremely hard for competitive players who are competing for ftop by not giving them the ability to raid for more f value.

If I could make a suggestion, I'd consider implementing a plugin that would either; a) Make it so that a faction that is getting raided cannot mine their spawners while an enemy is within a certain amount of blocks/chunks. or b) Make it so that factions can declare war on other factions while they are raiding them so that it would prevent them from mining their spawners while someone has war declared on them.

A counter argument to the above suggestions could be; For a) Someone could AFK an account near a factions base to combat them from EVER mining their spawners. and b) Factions could team up and take turns declaring war on the same faction over and over again.

If it were up to me, I'd go with option 'b' simply because you could edit the plugin to create a cooldown from declaring war on a faction.
    For example, if my faction were to declare war on a faction - we'll call them UglyBoys - after the declared war expires, say an hour later, nobody would be able to declare war on UglyBoys for the next following hour.

A similar plugin can be found here, https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/...hile-raid-creeper-place-on-spawner-fix.33783/

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this, and I hope it can be considered!

2. Kirehum

Kirehum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Agreed, it feels awful to spend time building a cannon and then realize that you're not able to reap the benefits.

3. CatInBag

CatInBag Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It is good as is, not all spawners can be mined in given time with the big factions when only a few are online, and on the receiving end it gets your heart racing. I made cannons, and they took around 3-4 hours. Obtaining spawners, alot of them take around the same. It is good as is.

4. Tyy

Tyy Member

Ratings:
    +17
    You are clearly not a competitive player.

5. Hakli

Hakli Newcomer

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i think they shouldnt be allowed

6. Prod

Prod Popular Member

Ratings:
    +183
    No,this shouldnt be allowed, because cannoning is so bad at this server, you can spend hours and hours to get in a base and people just mined their spawners.

7. Kirehum

Kirehum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    That might have to be the most borderline idiotic thing I've ever seen written intentionally. If a base has a 20 chunk buffer, that faction can mine at least 5k spawners before you get in, even with the best cannoners on the server.

8. Tyy

Tyy Member

Ratings:
    +17
    U r a smart man <3

9. Prod

Prod Popular Member

Ratings:
    +183
    Go play another server.

10. Tech7574

Tech7574 Popular Member

Ratings:
    +108
    This is a very good idea SwordMe your such an intelligent man for thinking of this !

11. DarkEssentials

DarkEssentials Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Like everything else, this can be abused by basically trapping a faction from ever being able to move their spawners but I understand the idea. +1

12. Tyy

Tyy Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I explained this, however included a counterargument, refer to option B.

13. Tech7574

Tech7574 Popular Member

Ratings:
    +108
    @Tyy why the name and not Swordme

14. Brow

Brow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +106
  15. Casinq

Casinq Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Wanna know a suggestion that would be so, so, so, so much better?
    Make a cooldown for spawner mining. Like anywhere ranging from 10-60 seconds per spawner. OR this cooldown only applies when the person is raidblocked(rust term, don't know if it can be implemented into minecraft).

16. CatInBag

CatInBag Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The fact that you destroy their base is a huge win, they are forced to relocate and during that time, they cant grind, losing millions. That's pretty good for a few hours copying a cannon.

17. Tech7574

Tech7574 Popular Member

Ratings:
    +108
    No that’s not true, there gen buckets bases take 10 mins to build and then u can just spam gemmed walls

18. DarkEssentials

DarkEssentials Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Gem buckets do add up fairly quickly though.

19. Funkyster

Funkyster Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    I like the idea of having a delay, but people would just destroy them completely out of spite LOL.

20. Gvnger

Gvnger Factions Nerd

Ratings:
    +344
    Also just made this suggestion, didn't see this post at first, so +1

I think it should be a basic rule on every Factions server to begin with.