Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

New player questions

Discussion in 'Towny Server' started by Tilt, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Tilt

Tilt Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I'm just starting out in Towny and have some questions:

1) What's the difference between the 3 towny servers (Towny, 1.3 Towny and OPTowny)?
    2) Any way to get new starting kits when first starting? I'm currently in OPTowny w/out any starting equipment whatsoever.
    3) Any way to automatically log into the towny server of my preference when logging into Minesuperior, and not having to go through the server selection thing?

tks

2. Teywer

Teywer Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Normal towny is the most played, and most updated server. This is the best one to start on. It runs 1.8-1.12, although 1.12.2 works best. Op towny is hard to join, as the economy is insane. 1.13 towny is still in development in some ways, with many functions not yet ported from 1.12.

There are no kits on any townys

Unfortunately there is no fast way to join a server, the hub will always be required to join a server. However, staff have intimated that the hub and similar features will be reworked soon.

I hope this answers your questions.
    Have fun here, its an amazing community!

3. Tilt

Tilt Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there an actual difference in gameplay between Normal Towny and "OPTowny"?
    What do you mean "as the economy is insane"? Everybody is rich? And if so why do they get that way? More stuff is handed out?

4. Teywer

Teywer Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    On OP towny each rank costs about 50x more than on normal towny. Jobs are not significantly buffed, so a huge emphasis is put on efficiency and automation. Also, because ranks with perks are so hatd to get, it takes dedication for a new player to get anywhere on their own.

5. Tilt

Tilt Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Any way to see how many players there are online in each of the three Towny server from outside Minecraft, say from the website?

6. Teywer

Teywer Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Nope, but its a good bet that exalted will be between 160 and 60 players at any time. Idk about the other ones though

7. Tilt

Tilt Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    1) Will there be a wipe in 1.13 beta towny server when it "officially released"?
    2) Anyway to see the current coordinates w/out using any mods? I think the F3 debug screen doesn't display that while connected to the server.

8. Teywer

Teywer Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    By saying its beta i mean that not all of the plugins from exalted have been moved over. I dont see why the f3 screen doesnt show coords, are you looking in the right place?

9. Tilt

Tilt Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea actually I had to enable full debug info, then it shows up.
    Btw, I'm playing on the 1.13 server and am having a hard time finding diamond and gold. Seems to be much harder to find them than in vanilla, even looking in the right depth. Do you know if they have changed that in the world generation?

10. Teywer

Teywer Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I dont know honestly, but there was an issue with resource gen in early 1.13 builds, which may have been when the world was created

11. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +543
    I have a question ok?