Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Newsletter: Health update, Factions, game night, and more

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TitanicFreak, May 15, 2020.

1. TitanicFreak

TitanicFreak Owner of MineSuperior
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +506
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First and foremost I can't thank everyone enough for all the good wishes for my health. You guys have been awesome and nothing short of extremely helpful to my overall emotions while I recover from my complications caused by COVID-19. Speaking of health I'm going to give everyone a quick update on my health alongside some other quick updates across the network.

[​IMG]

Starting the same day I made the post regarding my break I immediately got tested for just about everything you can imagine. Ended up with three major health issues that required IV infusions, medications, and life style changes. I started my treatment process on Monday and honestly this is the first time I've felt decent in the last two months. While some Factions players may think I'm dying with only a few weeks to live. I've never been better. I'll still be taking it easier and focusing on my health however for the next few days to ensure I don't relapse back into illness.

[​IMG]

Moving onto something more important given it involves Factions, let's talk about the length of the current Factions season. We've decided to extend the current season by another week to give us time to work on the upcoming season of Factions. We want it to be special given it's our second to last season of competitive payouts. To compensate for the extension of the map we're adding a 5th payout to the current season while moving Friday's payout to Saturday. This results in the following updated list of payouts (which includes the previous payouts),
    • 4/25/2020 @ 3 PM
    • 5/2/2020 @ 3 PM
    • 5/9/2020 @ 3 PM
    • 5/16/2020 @ 3 PM
    • 5/22/2020 @ 4 PM
    Weekly payouts will stay the same, also anyone missing payouts from when I was sick will get them by end of today. I greatly apologize they got this delayed to begin with. We are working on automating all payouts so I won't be required to handle them myself.. Now let's move onto something more fun.

[​IMG]

Starting Tuesdays and Thursday we will be having game nights starting around 11PM CDT and lasting for a few hours. These game nights will be anything from various steam games (Golf With Your Friends, Tabletop Simulator, and more) to custom gamemode testing on the MineSuperior network. All of these game nights will be livestreamed by @LtMorningWood so people who can't make it to the game night can watch the VOD if they so desire. Hell they might even win some subscriptions by participating in the game nights.

The purpose of these nights is to connect us more with our community while also allowing people to occasionally ask questions that usually don't get answered. We'll be announcing when game nights start in our discord which you can join via the menu bar or here. Also you can follow LTMorningWood on twitch here. We will however note this isn't an endorsement of LTMorningWood, we just feel he's the best pick to handle the game nights.

[​IMG]

Finally I'd like to address the performance and stability issues across the network that we are facing currently. We are aware of them and working around the clock to resolve said issues, however they aren't trivial.

To offer a brief summary of the issues we are facing currently I'm going to use Survival as an example. Currently Survival will lock up after a few hours because it's briefly running out of memory resources. The problem is that after we do some memory profiling to figure out the issue, we realize that we're only actually utilizing 11GB of ram at any time which shouldn't cause any issues given we run servers with 64GB of ram. This means there is something wrong with the java garbage collector (it's purpose being to free up ram) and it's resulting in the whole server freezing for 20+ seconds (which naturally disconnects everyone).

We have added substantial monitoring to the java garbage collector to help us figure out what we need to tweak to ensure optimal performance and stability. We plan to have the first batch of fixes out tonight for Survival to improve stability with the rest of the network receiving these fixes throughout the weekend. We'll keep everyone updated in the per server channels in the discord when their server will receive these fixes. Until then, sit tight and be patient.

#1 TitanicFreak, May 15, 2020 at 7:32 AM
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. LtMorningWood

LtMorningWood Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +10
    first

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Touh0u

Touh0u Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Second

4. neromix

neromix Member

Ratings:
    +11
    third

5. SubwayBrooke

SubwayBrooke Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +4
    I was first sorry

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Teywer

Teywer Forums όχι-ζωη
    Staff Member Sr. Mod Ban Appeals Team

Ratings:
    +748
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Officer_Lax

Officer_Lax Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator Ban Appeals Team

Ratings:
    +38
    Last!

8. Shmijda

Shmijda Server Staff

Ratings:
    +46
  9. Shmijda

Shmijda Server Staff

Ratings:
    +46
    crap you beat me

10. Officer_Lax

Officer_Lax Server Staff

Ratings:
    +38
    You know what we call that? The 12th letter of the alphabet.

11. Project666

Project666 Popular Member

Ratings:
    +306
    game nights with the kiwi? i never been more ready

12. WolfGriffon

WolfGriffon Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm glad you're feeling better, I understand having a lot of chronic health issues so if you ever want to talk about it I'm here. I really hope things continue to get better :) Stay strong <3

13. Shmijda

Shmijda Server Staff

Ratings:
    +46
    clever you are

14. MajiBuscus

MajiBuscus Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm so glad you're feeling better! And I'm so so so excited for game nights with LT <3 he's one of the coolest people I've ever met ngl and gaming with him is always fun!!

15. Ociff

Ociff Server Staff
    Staff Member Jr. Mod

Ratings:
    +28
    onety onety one

16. Obewan001

Obewan001 Towny Nerd
    Staff Member Sr. Mod Ban Appeals Team

Ratings:
    +125
  17. Txnt

Txnt Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    69th ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18. FraxBeast

FraxBeast Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +22
    Sounds great!(47285th)

19. zolvity

zolvity Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45
    bro why are you so good at streaming:( teach me the ways

20. RadicalCaptain

RadicalCaptain Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +303
    @TitanicFreak good to hear you're doing better. Maybe ill drop by for a game night.