Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

OPPrison v4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TitanicFreak, Oct 19, 2018.

1. TitanicFreak

TitanicFreak @mullryan49
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +328
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good morning MineSuperior!

It’s been awhile since I have spoken on the front page (over 8 months in fact) and for good reason. I have taken a behind the scenes role to improve the management team by seeking out experienced individuals such as @Yive who has finally given Towny players the attention they desire with frequent content updates and tweaks to ensure an optimal experience. Furthermore I have also been training new people to take on roles such as OPPrison Manager which has been vacant for quite some time. The results of this training will be announced at a later date.

This is because if you haven’t already realized it, this post is about our new OPPrison server that we’re launching this weekend. Something that we know our player base has been asking for quite some time as our current OPPrison is from July 2016. While we love our current prison, we do admit that it’s time for some change as do many of our players. Also if you just want the launch time of the new OPPrison, jump down to the conclusion at the end of this post.

[​IMG]

OPPrison v4 is an evolution of our current prison that new and current players will enjoy. We will explain why it’s an evolution instead of an overhaul in the FAQ. Now let’s start with everyone’s tool of choice on OPPrison, Pickaxes. To make pickaxes more interesting, we have introduced 4 new pickaxes enchantments all of which provide modifications to the original explosive enchant that many of our players use daily. One of these enchantments has the ability to entirely clear out a mine with just a single swing. While we are still tweaking it to ensure that performance issues don’t arise, it’ll be a very powerful enchant nonetheless and you will love it. We included gifs of the new explosive enchants in the gallery of this post for those who are interested

Following up the new enchants is the new backpack system, something found on many Prison servers in the industry already. Backpacks are something our regular players will enjoy as it expands their inventory, allowing them to sell more in one trip to the sell sign. Buying these backpacks will be done with E-Tokens, with bigger backpacks costing more and more E-Tokens. Granted if you are a supporter of the network and have a rank with autosell. Backpacks won’t be much of use to you.

We will also be giving out tons of cash and gift card prizes throughout OPPrison v4’s lifespan to encourage competition and keep things interesting. So for the first person to hit prestige 1, 5, 10, and 20 we’ll be giving out 125 USD to those individuals. Further rewards for higher prestiges will be announced after launch. Also for those who don’t want a cash prize but instead want a gift card for twice the value on the store, players will have the option for that. So a 125 USD cash prize can be exchanged for a 250 USD gift card.

With those three major features out of the way, here’s a list of features that deserved to be mentioned in no particular order,

• All blocks added from MC version 1.9 through 1.12.2.
    • Brand new crates (Ones that won’t break randomly due to the developer disappearing)
    • A massive 1024x1024 pvp arena with hidden easter eggs and 4 major mine shafts each in different biomes
    • Envoys, which will spawn within the mine shafts found in the pvp arena
    • Reworked vote party system that’ll change overtime as the economy grows
    • Support for our MineSuperior Partnership Program (Details to come)
    • 100 prestige ranks

There is one thing that probably caught your eye, the MineSuperior Partnership Program. Yes we are indeed introducing a partnership program for content creators. While we would love to talk about it today we unfortunately do not have all of the details set in stone yet, so the official announcement post with all of the details will be posted in the near future.

However what we can tell you today is that we have our first partner, SuchSpeed! He will be doing a play-through of our OPPrison server, uploading his videos on a weekly basis. So don't be surprised if you see him around, he's one of the chillest people we have worked with in quite some time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Q: Why is this server an evolution of the current server instead of a massive overhaul (revolution)?
    A: Originally the server was actually going to be entirely different with only 4 mines built into what we call now the pvp arena. Players with the default rank would have to punch coal ore blocks for the first few hours till they got a simple wooden pickaxe. Also you had to travel to the mines, risking someone just killing you and ruining your day. This is obviously not a good experience for players and it was canned in favor of an improved iteration of the old OPPrison server.

Q: How long has this server been in development?
    A: Over 2 years, through 3 or so different managers and several developers. This is what most people would call development hell and I hated it. So since August I had to step in and work alongside a new manager (who will be announced at a later point in time) to get the server done. This is the third time this OPPrison has been made from scratch

Q: Wasn’t this server already teased?
    A: Yes it was, I am not going to hide that. We were confident at the time that we could launch the server, but the previous manager simply never finished the server even when I have given the person several deadlines. I do take some blame for not pushing the person harder but it still isn’t acceptable. Thus when the person resigned, I had no idea how the server was setup and it was gonna take longer to actually learn how it works than it would if I simply remade the whole server. So the server was remade and now we’re actually confident in launching it. We will never launch a server that we are not confident in. We do not want a server where 99% of the features are broken are missing on launch. I assume most players would agree.

[​IMG]

Now onto the launch time and date. Since OPPrison v4 is 99% complete with only minor optimizations and tweaks to do. We will be launching this server this Saturday @ 2pm ET for donators and regular players alike. For the first 24 hours multipliers will be disabled to give everyone a fair chance at the prestige 1 cash prize. After the 24 hour grace period all multipliers will immediately apply without players having to do anything.

And that’s all folks! We’ll see you at launch.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  2. epicgamer133

epicgamer133 Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +74
    I'm first :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Raj

Raj Head of Operations
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +34
    no u

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. epicgamer133

epicgamer133 Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +74
    NO U

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. GetintheVan

GetintheVan Server Staff
    Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +222
    Hell yeah

6. ThiqueTheo

ThiqueTheo Tea & Crumpets
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +435
    Lets go baby <3

Hmm........I wonder who that person is....

7. Project666

Project666 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    About fucking time, GG!

8. BearclawMcgraw

BearclawMcgraw Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +35
    4th (Van doesn't count)

9. Osh_King25

Osh_King25 Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +63
    See you there

10. Swasomness

Swasomness Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +25
  11. Nxraaa

Nxraaa ♡ devilish angel ♡
    Staff Member Moderator Staff of the Month

Ratings:
    +68
    first
    ignore kenny hes not first
    imma no life this new prison
    YAY
    FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

12. AntiAliasinq

AntiAliasinq OPPrison NoLifer
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +28
    Yes finally

13. AreYouMyWaifu

AreYouMyWaifu Factions Nerd
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +272
  14. darksaga4-2

darksaga4-2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
  15. Brow

Brow Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    OMG A RESET!!!!!!!! next is factions right ;)

16. Swqrdy

Swqrdy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Well i just hope pvp is fun :)

17. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +527
    finally bby
    ALL hail ryan

+ Alex spent all that time for mining

#17 JustTrash, Oct 19, 2018 at 12:30 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  18. Fencing_

Fencing_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Is it still 1.8 or is that not possible with 1.9-1.12 blocks?

19. TitanicFreak

TitanicFreak @mullryan49
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +328
    it does support 1.8 just fine, you just won't see blocks from any newer minecraft versions.

20. __Hope

__Hope Cool Bean
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +298