Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Updates OPTowny: A new start

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TitanicFreak, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanicFreak

TitanicFreak @mullryan49
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +316
    [​IMG]

It's finally here! After many many months of rumors and denials, we are finally ready to announce what we've been working on all this time. Ever since the original Towny launch we've always wanted better and greater servers. We felt the original Towny was underwhelming and we still do. This will be rectified in the future but that is not what this post is about.

OPTowny is a new server based on the latest version of Towny with updates to several crucial components. Updates include updating the core minecraft server itself to 1.12.2, fixes to the villager API (preventing disconnections), and several performance optimizations. All of this makes OPTowny an overall improved experience that anyone can find enjoyment in.

[​IMG]
    The feature list could goes on and on for ages, so here's a brief list of what you can look forward in OPTowny when you hop on.
    • Full 1.12.2 minecraft support. (blocks and chunk generation)
    • Custom enchantments!
    • Fully fixed backwards compatibility for 1.7-1.11.2. (Will never be disconnected)
    • Fixed Villagers so they work on all versions of minecraft we support. (1.7->1.12.2)
    • Fixed banknotes with all known duplication issues resolved.
    • A fully rebalanced economy made for the players who prefer an overpowered experience.
    • A fresh set of regular ranks to push through.
      • 24 regular ranks and 5 donator ranks
    • A vast fresh world with the biggest borders to date
      • Overworld: 20k by 20k radius
      • Nether: 10k by 10k radius
      • End: 10k by 10k radius
    For those wanting to know future features that are planned, remember we are not finished with OPTowny development, here's the list.
    • The addition of co-mayors
    • Automatic inactive town purging (Inactive towns are removed, different from taxes)
    • Minions (from Skyblock Alpha and Omega)
    • Automatic resetting of nether and end monthly
    [​IMG]
    With all of the above said, as I assume you are aware, we are still far from completing development. However we do want players to help assist us in beta testing features as we finish them and want players to test the newly designed economy for OPTowny. Nothing beats the real deal in the world of beta testing. So we are doing a three week beta test of OPTowny. The first day being later today (2/18/18) @ 11AM PT / 2PM ET / 7PM GMT.

Since OPTowny will be a player-ran economy like OPTowny, we will be running a 3x multiplier throughout the beta to speed up the progress of the economy to allow us to diagnose potential game-breaking exploits.

However we are unable to grant everyone beta access and thus we are forced for the first two weeks to do a paid beta. For people interested in early access, we will be offering a low cost $2.99 beta access pass. This price was set as it's high enough that most people will not risk themselves getting banned for memes and still low enough that it won't break the bank for most. We only want serious players who are willing to report bugs and suggest new features. People found abusing unreported bugs will be removed from the beta without a refund as well as potentially removed from the whole network depending on the severity of the situation.

Otherwise for people who do not want to purchase access to the OPTowny beta, the full on public beta will be launching on Saturday the 3rd of next month (3/3/18) @ the same time as paid beta launch. There will be no data loss going from the paid beta to the public beta.

Please note this is a beta and all data will be reset before the official launch of OPTowny, this is normal behavior and matches how Towny launched back in May. Official launch date will be announced closer to the end of the OPTowny beta.

[​IMG]
    Q: Why has MineSuperior decided to make an OPTowny and not just create another regular Towny?
    A: OPTowny was originally not supposed to happen actually, we planned to just clone the current Towny and just make another version entirely. However we learned quickly that wouldn't solve the root issues with Towny such as the broken economy, broken 1.7 support, and zero optimized plugins. We also wanted the servers to be different and do something that hasn't been done before, so thus OPTowny was born.

Q: Are donator ranks linked between Towny and OPTowny?
    A:
    Unfortunately, donator ranks will not be linked between the two servers.

Q: Is anything linked between Towny and OPTowny?
    A: OPTowny and Towny are entirely separate servers and thus nothing will be in sync between them.

Q: Why are they not linked?!?
    A: Due to the 3+ months of development time and several thousand dollars spent on OPTowny development and testing, it would be financial suicide for us to do so. Also since Towny will remain up, no-one is losing anything, everyone is keeping what they already paid for.

Q: Why has OPTowny taken so long to be developed?
    A: OPTowny was originally started in October with a launch due for Christmas, unfortunately after the first drafts of it were being finalized, we felt like OPTowny was actually a downgrade compared to the regular Towny in every measurable way. Thus we extended development time to add in features such as custom enchantments and updating the entire server to native 1.12.2 (Which allowed us to fix 1.7 support surprisingly).

Q: What is going to happen with regular Towny now?
    A: Towny will continue as is, with more content to come in future content patches.

Q: What's next?
    A: The 1.12.2 update for Towny (bringing it up to the same quality as OPTowny) and the 1.12.2 update to the hubs (Which will fix holograms for 1.7 users). There is more but that is all under NDA currently. :)

[​IMG]
    In conclusion, we have a new server which we've spent the better part of 5 months working on, so go enjoy it! We are very thankful for all of the growth we've had in the last few months and hope it continues.

And for those unaware, this is now my full time job! So expect more content and more quick responses from me, I am always trying to improve MineSuperior. I only want the best for this server and will never accept anything less.

#1 TitanicFreak, Feb 18, 2018 at 5:09 AM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. FyrGhost

FyrGhost Member

Ratings:
    +7
    First

3. __Hope

__Hope Cool Bean
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +236
    Super hyped!! Can't wait!

Awesome!

4. Moist

Moist Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    will we be able to buy ranks during the beta?

5. epicgamer133

epicgamer133 Server Staff
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +63
    first owner ;)

6. TitanicFreak

TitanicFreak @mullryan49
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +316
    yes, packages will go live momentarily.

7. Orithma

Orithma Member

Ratings:
    +15
  8. Moist

Moist Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    ok good to know

9. PepsiGirl

PepsiGirl Popular Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Awesome!!! So excited!!

10. Chrisytran

Chrisytran Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I will maybe play OPtowny because of this

11. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Nice job. Hey ryan! It's 1 am I stood up to see this post also nice updates will try It out very excited now

#11 JustTrash, Feb 18, 2018 at 6:00 AM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  12. ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) Newcomer

Ratings:
    +3
    dis update got the big gay

13. eldni

eldni Spooderman
    Staff Member Staff of the Month Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +174
  14. LyfeStyle

LyfeStyle Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice server hope to play on it when it comes out. :p Try to create another prison or reset prison other then towny or factions. And also think about unblacklisting me too. :D

15. GetintheVan

GetintheVan Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +91
    Oh shit, this looks fun combing fun OP and towny is a good idea in my opinion +!

16. bleach

bleach Popular Member

Ratings:
    +311
    The fuck is this.

17. Grey

Grey Member

Ratings:
    +10
    this up already?

18. Aidenified

Aidenified Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +61
    I can't wait, i'm looking forward to the release!

19. ---

Ratings:
    +12
    Sell potatoes 4.1k a stack at /t spawn sell on normal towny!

20. 203_Cole_302

203_Cole_302 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Can I trade my OverLord rank for Lord and buy the beta pass with what's left over? Also I still have 2$ on the Amazon card you gave me a code for

EDIT : can I get rid of my rank completely and buy one on optowny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.