Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Pay2win jobs

Discussion in 'Towny Server' started by Peyton35, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Job vote

1. make jobs profitable default

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Don’t make jobs profitable

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peyton35

Peyton35 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30
    IGN: space24

Server: Towny

I think it’s un fair you have to pay real world money to make max profits in jobs this should stop this pay2win setups is corrupting people all over the server the jobs should be all profitable default and you pay extra to get a boost

Thx for your time space24

2. noitacifiton

noitacifiton Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I just took a look at what you have to pay for to get certain things, nothing included "pay to win jobs". Sure you can purchase a certain rank to have up to 4 jobs, but being free to play doesn't prevent you from max profits through the job system. It's quite easy to make money through the job system if you know what you're doing. You're entire argument is just false, and you should have done more research before actually making a thread trying to change something.

P.S. Sorry for being a complete a**hole, that's just how I am. I like to get straight to the point. It just annoys me when people make arguments when they have no idea what they're even talking about.

Edit: If you're unsatisfied with my response I'd love to have a 1 on 1 conversation with you, just message me on Discord, or on the forums. The easiest way to speak with me is through discord. Just @ me. My discord username is noitacifiton. If you can't read it, the name is notification backwards.

3. Peyton35

Ratings:
    +30
    I n cook for example I can only make 1.5k a potato stack I can just sell them if I pay $20 I can do 5k it should at least make 4K at lev 100

Of you pay you can do 7k a potato stack in the free situation
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2018 ---
    I can’t have fun on this server if I don’t pay

4. noitacifiton

noitacifiton Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Alright Peyton35, I want you to think about it this way. The difference in payments between jobs when you pay for certain perks, and jobs you don't make purchases for certain perks, is just incredibly insignificant. If you put in the work, you can make a lot of money. Also, if the server doesn't make it like the current system they have. How will the server survive? If there was no payment system for certain perks/abilities to do specific things, the server would have no income, and eventually the server will just die because the server would be running out of the owner's pocket, and I don't think any person would be fine with doing that. Spending money just to get nothing in return? There's no point. That's the point of these perks, so the server can get donations so the server at least survives, and with excess money, I would think that the people who manage the server are spending that excess cash, on plugins/mods, that have to be purchases with money. Do you think that the server is running for free? There's just no chance of that even happening. Please, try to think before you're trying to make a difference. Just be happy that there's even a server for you to play on.

5. __Hope

__Hope Cool Bean
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +292
    I don't think towny is extremely pay2win. I literally see many players getting a million dollars in-game without buying anything (well, maybe their ranks but that doesn't relate to making money).

6. TempFreak

TempFreak Experienced Member

Ratings:
    +446
    It's not a pay2win, but i honestly think people should buy ranks on the server, they give boosts i think when you want money or xp. i haven't yet bought a rank for towny yet but will do in future maybe. ;)

7. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +512
    wrong place to post this also im 50/50 for pay to win xD donators get better items thats the point they get money

8. ExplodingHearts

Ratings:
    +12
    I guess it is pay2win but there is a way around it, many players including me don’t have enough money to buy from the online store but we trade in game money for items on the store.

9. JustTrash

Ratings:
    +512
    well yeah u can do that good luck

10. Peyton35

Ratings:
    +30
    Maybe you can use in game money to buy crates in game

11. JustTrash

Ratings:
    +512
    Prison is pay 2 win

12. CPALDBC10

CPALDBC10 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not a pay2win guy.
    I've got Hero rank and Regent rank, none of which I've payed for (IRL $)
    It's all hard work and farming.

13. GetintheVan

GetintheVan Server Staff
    Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +195
    Out off all the servers towny is the last P2w its probably Prison - Factions - Skyblock - Kit - Towny
    (Left is most p2w right is not p2w)

14. stefanmizza

stefanmizza Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35
    You still make 4k a stack of potatoes at level 100 cook... it's not extremely pay2win

15. TempFreak

Ratings:
    +446
    pay2win or not.. just play the game and see how your money stacks up against others!! Hopefully you should get rich soon by following some tips posted on forums or on google. ;)

16. SploxFox

SploxFox Member

Ratings:
    +3
    This is the solution to the server earning money without being pay-to-win suggested by Mojang:

Use global donations, and reward the whole server when someone donates. Instead of promoting that never-ending sale on the bossbar, the server could instead use it to show the percent of the donation goal that has been reached. When the goal is reached, +50% global job bonus for everyone until the goal resets. This solution encourages donations without having a pay-to-win system.

Also, pay-to-win is against Minecraft's EULA, and the server could get shut down because of it. I'd really hate for that to happen to this server.

17. TempFreak

Ratings:
    +446
    Not sure if this server would get shut down! It’s been up for a long time 2-4yrs. ;)

18. SploxFox

SploxFox Member

Ratings:
    +3
    That just means that no one has reported this server to Mojang. If someone reports it, Mojang could decide to investigate and they could negotiate with the server owners or decide to take it down completely. It's better to become EULA compliant than to try our luck and hope no one reports it.

19. Peyton35

Ratings:
    +30
    Just make jobs profitable it will make the experience much more enjoyable to players bringing more money and people to the server
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2018 ---
    It is extremely pay2win before I payed 20 USD I barely made any profit and after I’m more recognizable in the server and making more money than ever before my personal opinion

This is why I made this Thread

20. SploxFox

SploxFox Member

Ratings:
    +3
    This can further be backed up by their only being one player who I know of who got to Immortal without a rank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.