Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

[Poll] Should there be a cactus tag on the server?

Discussion in 'Skyblock Server' started by VinityBH (Vee), May 14, 2018.

?

Cacc tag?

1. Yes please <3

2. No thank you <3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi! I'm Vee, and many people know me as the head of this newfangled "cacc clan" or whatever you may call it.

I created this group with the goal in mind of getting a cactus tag on the server. Many of us are passionate about making cactus farms into memes, and collectively have created a discord to build a small community of Skyblock Alpha. In this discord, someone suggested taking this to the forums and making a poll, so we could show how much we would like for this to be implemented, and some possible reasons as to why haters do not want this memery enforced.

A cool idea brought up by another individual was automatically getting the tag when you had more than 2.5-5 thousand cactus placed on your island. (This is less than you may think, but is still a substantial amount.)

We currently have 18 people on Skyblock Alpha with the tag in front of their name, and three members who the tag is too long for their username. (I recommend doing ./realname cacc on Skyblock Alpha and seeing the glorious wall of names.) It's color code is &0&lV&2&lCa&a&lc&f&lc&0&lV

Really, it is spectacular. This is the current list of people online with the cacc tag. caccnames.png

Thank you for reading <3

2. Hanyii

Hanyii Senpapi
    Staff Member Staff of the Month Moderator

Ratings:
    +65
    cacc ftw

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Yahli

Yahli Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Lets go cacc :D

4. Syncc_

Syncc_ Server Staff
    Staff Member Sr. Mod

Ratings:
    +38
    +1 cause I'm in it ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +12
    I would ask if you vote no, please state why, and be reasonable about it <3

6. __Hope

__Hope Cool Bean
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Seems like a bit much for just adding a "cacc" tag but hey, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

+1

7. PepsiBoy

PepsiBoy Member

Ratings:
    +22
    maybe something like cactus, but cacc works.

+1

8. Poonda

Poonda Panda! Panda Panda Panda!

Ratings:
    +217
    I'll forward this to the staff team directly, personally i think that there isn't really a purpose apart from 10 people wanting it. I'll stay at a Neutral state for now. Why should it be added? What's so important?

9. Pxos

Pxos Popular Member

Ratings:
    +172
    They should add it, it's kinda cool

10. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +456
    because they're gang members

11. Pv7

Pv7 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    #cacc gang! <3

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +12
    We feel like cactus is a huge part of Skyblock... it's just something we collectively thought should be implemented as a cute little thing, as it is such a large part of the game.

I know that most servers are not interested in benefitting the community when it doesn't make money (which is obnoxious as all hell), but I feel like many people would be more enticed to buy things on the server if more free things were available for unlocking... Challenges are basically a meme and pointless, and this seems like an easy thing to code or implement. If it is an absolute necessity to make money, I must say I would probably buy a monthly crate if they rotated with unique tags voted by the community (you can start with cacc :D!)

It would also be nice to know that there is SOME connection between staff and player suggestions, because right now with all of the issues that skyblock is having it is seeming like there is nothing really happening with the benefit of the players in mind, and by seeming I mean it is very apparent.

13. GetintheVan

GetintheVan Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +134
    I am kinda neutral on the subject, i see why you would want this, since Cacc is a big group and seeing as everyone can just change their nick to cacc it could be a little annoying, But also if this would be added other groups would also want it. prison gang. maybe even kit pvp groups, Factions, etc etc But i think their are positive and negative sides to this idea

14. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +12
    All of us have agreed to change our nicknames back to normal if the cacc tag is implemented. I would be all for other groups wanting it, it's just more money to be made for the server in crates... Except for factions, as it doesn't really make sense since they can already have their own groups where their name is displayed (It's literally the point of the game, after all.)

I would also argue other servers have features skyblock doesn't, like a ***bot that doesn't spam the entire chat :>*** but that's a post for another time.

Thanks for staying neutral instead of just shouting no and REEE like a lot of other people seem to like to do.

15. Cherrykii

Cherrykii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39
    I see no real reason to have it, seeing as it is just a group of people who are nerds for cactus farms. It won't really contribute anything to the server, nor the players, other than looking nice and pretty for all the new people to see. To maintain the people in it would also end up being a hassle at some point, but if you still really wish to push for it, I wish you the best of luck.

16. nAughTy

nAughTy Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    that little "gang" is filled w/ weebs.
    -1 gay suggestion

17. eldni

eldni Spooderman
    Staff Member Administrator Builder

Ratings:
    +193
  18. Shanees12345

Shanees12345 Minesuperior, A server made to be the best.

Ratings:
    +271
    Neutral ratings aren't very helpful..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +456
    no point xD well they want it cuz they're gang members and they need their tag

20. noitacifiton

noitacifiton Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I see many both positives & negatives to this recommendation.

A negative would be that the other communities in the other servers would easily get jealous. This could potentially hurt the servers reputation.

I personally like this idea because it woulds show that the management team actually cares about their players and will sometimes implement their wants and needs into the server. If you think about the game Fortnite, which I know many of you feel like it's a cringe kind of game, but be realistic. It's THE MOST popular game for a reason, and it's honestly a decent amount of fun to play once you get good. One of the main reasons that Fortnite is the most popular games right now is because Epic Games actually listens to their communities and implement their suggestions in the game. If people get this view about MineSuperior about how our management team implements their (sometimes useless) ideas and suggestions into the community, it would easily boost our servers popularity.

Maybe a good idea to refrain from their being jealousy towards other servers which would create animosity between the management team and the general player-base of the server. A potentially good idea would be to add custom harmless ranks to all of the other servers. I'm not sure which types of ranks would be good for other servers, so the players would have to suggest this, but I feel like having custom ranks for each server would prevent animosity between servers, their players & the management team.

I understand that management is always taking a look into the suggestions (that's why theirs a suggestion part of the forum), but if you add something like this which is harmless to the server, and probably pretty easy to add, popularity for the server would definitely increase in my opinion. The positives easily outweigh the negatives in this specific suggestion so I'm all for it.

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.