Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Spawn Rate Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DuskSpartan, May 26, 2019.

1. DuskSpartan

DuskSpartan Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +23
    So I currently have Witch, Skele, Zombie, Blaze, Sheep, and Mooshroom Spawners. When it was only Zombie, Skele, Blaze, Mooshroom, and Sheep the spawn rate wasn't too bad. When I added in Witches the spawn rate slowed to a crawl for almost everything. So the question is, the more different types of spawners I have, the slower the spawn rate? Thank you!

2. DaBlackBadger

DaBlackBadger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I'm guessing there relatively close to each other? there is a MineCraft Mob Cap limit, Putting each spawner type in its own chunk would help this, also Pushing mobs out of the spawning area witch is 8x8x3 officially but most mob grinder tutorials will tell you 9x9x3. There are tons and tons of Videos on this on Youtube you should check that out (Search "mob grinders 1.12") I would say look at the minecraft wiki but sense where on a older version info will be harder to come by as they changed so much of the game mechanics.

Edit: You can see chunk borders by Hitting F3+G at the same time. Chunks are 16x16

3. DuskSpartan

DuskSpartan Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +23
    Hey thanks for the reply! Never knew that, makes a total lot of sense, gonna definitely try that out. And the F3+G is really handy was wondering how I figure out chunks easily.

4. DaBlackBadger

DaBlackBadger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
    No problem F3 is a useful tool by it self and then there are a bunch of f3 combos hit f3+q to see a list of other combos. (Make sure you don't have anything in your hand just in case you don't hit the combo right as q is to drop what's in your hand would hate to lose something valuable)