Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Skyblock Chaos Still unanswered after announcement...

Discussion in 'Skyblock Server' started by Neat, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Neat

Neat Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    So the announcement was great and all, but I do have a couple lingering questions.

1.) Will the Demon rank be available for purchase at the start of the new season since it offers a significant in-game advantage?

2.) Is there any plan to make the next season more competitive and less about how many alts you can buy or new players you can manipulate for cheap spawners?

The quickest fix I can think of is make it so you can't lose spawners between dropping them or dying, mined spawners go directly into the inventory, you can only place spawners in islands you're a part of, and if you leave the island you take all your spawners from the island. Could be noted with a plugin that tags who bought each spawner. Might need to restrict auction house spawners too, perhaps each person could only put up 1 spawner a day in auction house that when purchased ovverrides the "purchased by" tag.

In general though it'd make it so that any of these 'alts' have to be part of the island for the island to get spawner value from them, and any alt that joins and leaves of course would take those spawners with them.

I'm not a developer, but this was a huge issue this season and led to hyperinflation of the server's economy (which is impressive considering it only took about 3 weeks for this to become an issue). This wouldn't be bad if there were effective money sinks but I don't see anything that would be easier than just fixing the issue above. This should be important to the owners as well as hyperinflation of the economy devalues the items on the store. You guys are losing money too, and I know you don't want that!

2. Teywer

Teywer Forums όχι-ζωη
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +534
    1: Anything pertaining to the demon rank will be announced on our discord, in the skyblock section

2: If it hasnt been announced, its not happening. Banning irl deals is a step towards a more competitive server.
    If there are any rule changes mid-season they will be announced on the discord.
    I like your spawner idea, but i'd be worried about the impact of storing all that data, and there would be issues with stacked spawners

3. Neat

Neat Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    What about making it so spawners don't exponentially increase in price? If they were a set price there would be no reason to use alts and it would be fair again. Yes this might inflate the server's economy, but it's inflated as is and ruling out irl deals doesn't solve the inflation issue. This way, it's inflated, but competitive as opposed to inflated but scuffed. If the rules can be changed for Fill so he essentially gets no repercussion for his actions I don't see why they cant be changed again to make the server more competitive while there's still time before reset. This change would be simple and also not be any extra burden on your systems and with my limited server experience, seems like it would be even less data stored. If I have to go and pay a third party for alts to stay competitive I don't mind, but it seems like this issue could be solved pretty easily. What are your thoughts? @Teywer

#3 Neat, Oct 10, 2019 at 5:14 PM
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  4. Teywer

Teywer Forums όχι-ζωη
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +534
    Could work, but would be a huge change to the way that the server economy acts. You could definitely suggest it in the suggestions section and see what other people think

5. Prod

Prod Popular Member

Ratings:
    +190
  6. wtsnurspedovanmn

Ratings:
    +3