Welcome to Minesuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Suggestions for Factions

Discussion in 'Factions Server' started by JWill35, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWill35

JWill35 Manager of Factions
    Staff Member Manager Reports Team

Ratings:
    +70
    [​IMG]
    Hello!

With the recent threads for Factions being posted, I have decided to open a public thread for suggestions to Factions. If you have an idea that you would like to be changed on Factions (added or removed from the server), post it here using the following format.​

Format:
    This thread is just for posting suggestions, not talking and/or random spam. Any post that are not suggestions, will be deleted.

@Weak and I will look at these suggestions and consider using suggestions from this thread.​

Thanks,
    JWill35 (Manager of MineSuperior Factions)

*Edit* Any post that I have read will be marked by me with an "INFORMATIVE" marker.

#1 JWill35, Dec 18, 2017 at 4:20 AM
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. __Hope

__Hope Cool Bean
    Staff Member Moderator Reports Team

Ratings:
    +211
    Suggestion: Finishing the shop
    Reasoning: There has been a *COMING SOON* section for a while now
    Benefits: It gives more perks to donators

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. IridescentJosh

IridescentJosh Popular Member

Ratings:
    +369
    @JWill35 I’m so happy because of this thread :D

1) Suggestion: Keep Custom Enchants <3
    Reasoning: Custom Enchants are one thing about factions that almost everyone loves. Remove them and factions will loose a huge part of the fun of pvp.
    Benefits: Pvp will continue to be more exciting as people have different custom god sets.

2) Suggestion: fix creeperegg bugs.
    Reasoning: There are big issues with Creeper Eggs and them glitching out. This makes the server look unattractive to experienced factions player because CEs are such a large part of raiding. ***Make CE explosions have a higher percentage to make spawners drop.
    Benefits: This would make raiding more rewarding for players, increasing competition and hopefully making the server look more attractive to experienced factions players.

3) Suggestion: Fix the Warzone /fly glitch.
    Reasoning: (There is a glitch where players who have purchased /fly can run the command in the wilderness outside of spawn and then fly into the warzone without /fly being disabled.) players flying in warzone makes it so that players can fly to the top of KOTH instead of get to the top the way it was designed to be played. Players can also use this glitch to unfairly get more envoys than normal players. ***Since there is a border around spawn that automatically turns /fly off for players when they cross it, you could possibly replicate this around the border of war-zone.***
    Benefits: This would remove a bug that ruins envoys and gives players an unfair advantage at koth.

4) Suggestion: Add more KOTH events that happen in different locations at different times.
    Reasoning: I think that the way KOTH is designed, players would love this addition and this would really increase the player base and make people play more often.
    Benefits: Increase player base and add another bit of fun to factions.

5) Suggestion: Change the koth loot from time to time.
    Resoning: the same loot from koth gets a bit dull. Changing the loot and maybe making it a bit more custom would make KOTHs more rewarding. (Maybe make 3 new custom enchanted sets of armor and rotate them as the KOTH loot so that every week there is a new set to win from koth.
    Benefits: more players would play koth in order to win the loot and many more people will come online during koth times.

6) Suggestion: Buff voting Crate loot
    Reasoning: because the items like water buckets, cobble, and some others are worthless, many players don’t even vote because it’s worthless. (I have stacks of vote keys that I have saved because actually using them rarely ever gives me anything of value.)
    Benefits: help the server become more popular on voting lists as players vote more.

7) Suggestion: Place string around spawn.
    Reasoning: This would make it so that players cannot use enderpearls to teleport back into spawn. (Look at /warp pvp in skyblock for an example)
    Benefits: will make pvp more fair.

8) Suggestion: consider disabling (or keeping disabled) the ‘unarmed’ mcmmo
    Reasoning: this mcmmo ruins the fun of pvp by letting players disarm other players. It makes it useless to make god swords if players can easily make you drop your weapon.
    Benefits: This will make pvp better.

9) Suggestion: new koth location.
    Reasoning: the current koth (rocket ship) is difficult to get to because of the ladders. I would remove the ladders from the koth design and instead make staircases.
    Benefits: This would make it so that players at the top of koth cannot simply bow players off as they climb up the ladders.

If I have more thoughts then I will let you know :)
    @JWill35 StaffOfTheMonth for a reason! Way to go! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. bleach

bleach Popular Member

Ratings:
    +286
    I couldn't be asked to read all that but no one likes custom enchants.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2017 ---
    Suggestion: Balance, fix, economy, fix, updates, fix, koth, fix, shop, fix, custom enchants, fix, warp, fix, envoy, fix and about 100 other problems...

Reasoning: Loads of people left and the playerbase is dead, pvp is just unfair and to be blatant not fun when you have all these unbalanced custom enchants, I think the staff who made this version of Factions were trying to make something they could not.

The economy is broken and with the server being to pay2win it is very hard for an unranked/low-ranked player to get anywhere especially if their mummy won't let them buy anything. Don't know what happened to paras but their needs to be updates, I haven't been on in a week but last time I checked there were still halloween decorations, the "Coming Soon" section has been in that state for who knows how long and it is just getting boring, especially for someone like me who has maxed out g-kits.

The spaceship which is Koth is broken and hasn't been fixed and the loot is shit, also as Josh said stairs would be prefered over ladders.

The shop has had no updates and I think the staff team could make a /warp shop too, like there used to be.

Custom enchants are broken and unbalanced and are very glitchy when overpowered with constant debuffs etc...

There are only two /warps, enchant and crate, why not /warp pvp or /warp fps or /warp shop or /warp DP

Envoys are constantly broken and I think there should be better loot and/or a better variety of loot with higher tier crates.

Benefits:

This could attract more players to the server as well as bringing some of the "OG's" back. Factions would be fun to play, with it being balanced and hopefully NOT TOXIC. I also think there should be more staff online regularly which would mean looking for more helpers that can do their job *cough* Karma *cough*
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2017 ---
    Damn, longest post I've ever posted out of all the posts in my life.

This is most likely miniscule compared to Josh's longest ever posts. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Sweap

Sweap Active Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Suggestion: More training for staff with hackers.
    Reasoning: It's incredibly easy to be falsely banned on the MineSuperior network. This is due to many factors such as: sprint resets, lag and even custom enchants. Sprint resets (w-tapping) causes the player to take the maximum amount of kb as the first hit after you sprint always has more knockback given. By resetting your sprints you're giving yourself what could be called extra knockback as if you've enchanted it. This makes it seem as if a player is reaching when in fact they aren't. Lag is a big impact however many don't know lag can cause a misplace effect:
    The title is a meme however, this is a great example of how lag can misplace you. Look at the pots and see how laggy they are. I know for a fact he wasn't cheating however this looks as if he is blatantly cheating. Custom enchants can cause hackusations as speed makes you take less kb and slowness makes you take more. This means staff can easily be confused with who is hacking.
    Benefits: This means fewer players are leaving the community as this as a whole makes the staff team seem considerably worse. It can make the reputation of the server better and causes players to be less scared of getting banned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. MoistGinger

MoistGinger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Suggestion: reset the entire goddamn server.
    Reasoning: This version of factions is the least entertaining Ive seen on both RMC and MS.
    Benefits: People would start playing again.

For real though: we all know that RMC’s Mystic & Reborn did way better than all of the MineSuperior OPFactions servers, so I suggest you make it more like the ‘old’ factions. Make starter gear prot X again, and the top rank prot 25 or 30, because members could also climb up to the top by killing players in Mercenary, Citizen etc and eventually get Champion gear because the difference between prot 10 (starter) and lets say 15 for Mercenary isnt too big to stop a skilled player from killing the person in Mercenary.

Also, consider re-adding McMMo but without the Counter ability and the disarming ability.

The Envoys and KoTHs are fun, so they should also make a return when Factions gets reset.

Also, re-add a /warp FPS, and the spawn pvp (the arena under spawn) was alot of fun on ReactiveMC, so you could consider re-adding something similar.

Besides that, remove Custom Enchantments (everyone fucking hates them, you could re-add Haste II and speed II Enchantment signs like they had on OPP v1, but dont ever re-add CE’s again. Kthx.

I could probably list more suggestions, but these are the first things that came up in me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Maaso

Maaso Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Suggestion: Reset Factions
    Reason: For a new map and so you can consider some of these suggestions.

Suggestion:
    Remove Custom enchants.
    Reason: Custom enchants just don't work with MineSuperior factions since it's basically p2w, it's completely unfair to new members who join the server because they actually have to work hard for their custom enchants when most donators can just use a gkit or something like that. If you don't want to remove custom enchantments, then remove gkits on the store and give the people who donated for them a voucher.

Suggestion:
    Remove all of the useless perks on the store.
    Reason: There is no point is adding all of these useless items to the store, like what the fuck is scrambler and why would you pay for it? Why not figure out a way that involves players getting them from crates or other things, and why the fuck would someone buy a spawner package for $15? It's the same with these white scroll things, another useless item that you'll spend $5 on and up using within 10 minutes, why not add them as rewards for certain things you do on the server. Before you reply and say "The server needs to make money somehow" that's why you have ranks, tags, monthly crates and crate keys, we don't need the useless perks that are a waste of money.
    Benefits: Get rid of the all junk and it would make it fair to non donators

Suggestion:
    Remove Koths.
    Reason: Another thing that just does not work on MineSuperior, I have not seen a single koth anyways so I don't think it would be that much of a loss, you already have envoys every hour.
    Benefits: Not sure but koths are useless.

Suggestion:
    Get involved with the community.
    Reason: Staff need to get involved with the community, I don't see staff on that often which really isn't good at all. There's multiple ways that staff could get more involved with the community such as hosting pvp tournaments, hosting dp's since everyone loves free stuff and just talking to players more often.

Suggestion: Try and introduce cannon raiding.
    Reason: Raiding on the old OPFactions was really fun if you were the one raiding, not so much if you were being raided though. On the old OPFactions all you had to do to raid was use creeper eggs or tp glitch into their base, I think that creeper eggs should be removed in a reset and cannon raiding should be introduced to MineSuperior.

Suggestion: Cap mcmmo
    Reason: If you don't limit mcmmo then people get insane levels of swords and axes and it just becomes unfair in pvp.
    Benefits: People would start pvping again.

Suggestion: Add a warp pvp and fps
    Reason: Add a warp pvp so people have a place to go pvp that doesn't involve running around the warzone and add a warp fps so people with bad computers can do the same.
    Benefits: People would start pvping again.

Suggestion:
    Return to OPFactions.
    Reason: It's not hard to notice that Factions hasn't had the same player count that it used to and that's because it is no longer OPFactions. The server used to normally get around 100 players during the day which made it one of MineSuperior's biggest servers, everyone loved OPFactions for what it was, the OP gear that was easy to get and the easy to make bases. If the server had a reset and went back to being OP I think that Factions could easily start gaining more players.

#7 Maaso, Dec 21, 2017 at 3:20 AM
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. IridescentJosh

Ratings:
    +369
    Suggestion: Change koth location
    Reasoning: I think having a different location for koth would be good. Fighting is annoying because people can just knock others off of the top of the launch pad, making it super annoying to pvp.
    Benefits: his would make pvp better on factions.

#8 IridescentJosh, Dec 21, 2017 at 4:01 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Carson_Playz

Carson_Playz Newcomer

Ratings:
    +4
    Suggestion: Reset factions
    Reasoning: There’s so few players, and if players agree, it could reset and more players will in theory play.
    Benefits: More players

btw... if you want to follow me PLease do :D Im a weird person and Im funny I think?

#9 Carson_Playz, Dec 21, 2017 at 6:54 PM
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Cooljs2002

Cooljs2002 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2
    Suggestion: Fix mob stacking
    Reasoning: you cant afk at Cave spider or Blaze spawners without lagging
    Benefits: better spawns

Suggestion: Cluescrolls
    Reasoning: you could get Nova books, spawners, Ceggs, TNT, and Obsidian
    Benefits: More people will play
    (make them cost 100 xp lvls if this gets added)

Suggestion: At /block
    Reasoning: so u can craft diamonds, emeralds, iron, Gold, Lapis, Coal, and redstone into blocks without spending 5 hours crafting blocks
    Benefits: faster crafting

#10 Cooljs2002, Dec 21, 2017 at 7:17 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. corkyslurp

corkyslurp Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Suggestion: Remove player balance from being in FTop calculations
    Reasoning: Player balances can not be raided, therefore its impossible to drop factions from ftop completely.
    Benefits: More likely people who have played on the larger servers would be willing to stay if they came on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. IridescentJosh

Ratings:
    +369
    Suggestion: add chests and trapped chests to /shop.
    Reasoning: being able to buy these items would be very useful. I talked to man you plays when I was online today to ask for their opinions about this. All of the players who responded agreed that this would be a good addition.
    Benefits: would save the time of crafting these yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Jala

Jala Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Suggestion: Change the November crate
    Reasoning: Its no longer November. December has come and gone, and now were in January.
    Benefits: More people will buy it if theres a completely different crate every month so people get a choice of different crate loot every month.
    -Jalapeno7knight
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2018 ---
    Suggestion: Make it clear that the monthly crate doesn't automatically give you everything thats listed, and that its gives you 10 chances to get some of the things listed.
    Reasoning: People are expecting to get a ALL the items in the crate that are listed, but are surprised when they don't get them all.
    Benefits: Possible less refunds will be asked for. People wont feel ripped off.
    -Jalapeno7knight
    Suggestion: Make the voting crate prizes better
    Reasoning: people stop voting once the vote crate items become useless to them because they've gotten even moderately wealthy in the game.
    Benefits: with better vote crate prizes, more players will vote, meaning the server will become more popular again, meaning more server income. Voting is crucial for server success.
    -Jalapeno7knight
    Suggestion: All of the crates above the vote crates shouldn't have unlucky prizes such as sand or lava/water buckets or cobblestone etc.
    Reasoning: People pay real money for these crate keys and shouldn't have to get something as little as sand or cobble stone etc.
    Benefits: More crate key purchases, and over all happier player basis, and thats what Mine Superior and Minecraft aim to achieve: a happy player basis.

• List
  14. Patriots404

Patriots404 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Suggestion: Do more updates
    Reasoning: Players will get board of the server if you don't keep constantly updating. For example maybe add more kits and change up the spawn and stuff. Also try and do resets so new players will have a chance against the OP players.
    Benefits: This may make more players wanna play the server and it would make the server more outgoing and fun because all the new stuff coming to the server. Resets will also give new players a chance to kill others and get good gear, it would just make it fair.
    I totally agree with the resetting factions, it would make a better spawn and give new players more of a chance to get better and be able to have a chance at killing the old time players. It would just give everyone a chance.
    Suggestion: Get a better anticheat
    Reasoning: Getting a better anticheat would stop people from hacking and ruining other players experience.
    Benefits: Some benefits of getting a better anticheat would make MineSuperior a better and safe server to play on. This also happens on KitPvP, many people are always hacking. If you get a better anticheat for factions, it would be harder to xray and use hacks to gain an advantage against others. @JWill35

Some Anticheats I Recommend:

Free Anticheats:
    NCP:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/nocheatplus2015-07-25.26/ (Lots of false positives for Killaura, fly check is good)
    PAC:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/phoenix-anti-cheat.6207/ (PAC is ok)
    Wolf:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/wolf-anticheat-1-7-1-8.18614/ (Not Really Reliable)

Premium Anticheats:
    AAC: (My favorite)
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/aac-advanced-anti-cheat-hack-kill-aura-blocker.6442/ (All Checks are great except badpackets and speed) (I disable speed and use the fly check instead which is more reliable)
    AACAdditionPro:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/aacadditionpro.33590/ (Great Addition to AAC adds a ton more checks that AAC doesn't have) (RECOMMENDED WITH AAC)
    Spartan:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/spartan-advanced-anticheat-machine-learning-1-7-1-12-2.25638/ (False Positives)
    AntiAura:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/antiaura-premium-anti-cheat-plugin.1368/ (Haven't tried but heard its good)

#14 Patriots404, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:48 AM
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. IridescentJosh

Ratings:
    +369
    Suggestion: sell rods

Reasoning: as in Skyblock, these make it much more efficient for people to sell things. I think most players would like this and you could make money for the server by adding these to the store. Another benefit is that these aren’t a P2W item. Even though they are extremely useful, selling items from chests doesn’t give an advantage to people except for it taking less time.

(I believe Martini was responsible for the plugin if you want to talk to him about the addition here)

Benefits: people will be happy and the server will make money.

• List
  16. HighDefination

Ratings:
    +9
    Suggestion: Reset factions & remove ce
    Reasoning: I don't like it none of the above people do so whats the point?
    Benefits: Helps getting new players to play more!

Suggestion: update the factions icon in the server menu
    Reasoning: it says OP instead of normal :p
    Benefits: Doesn't mislead players :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. LegitlyFired

LegitlyFired Active Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Suggestion: Add wand which gen walls
    Reasoning: So people can make acc good bases so raiding will be fun
    Benefits: makes the job quicker

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. iTerminatorPvP

iTerminatorPvP Newcomer

Ratings:
    +5
    Suggestion: Bigger World Border
    Reasoning: Its too small for 50+ people on everyday
    Benefits: People will enjoy factions more and will keep them playing since it reduces chances of getting raided

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. JWill35

JWill35 Manager of Factions
    Staff Member Manager Reports Team

Ratings:
    +70
    Thank you for all your suggestions! Please note that I am always taking suggestions and will continue to take suggestions as I work on Factions. Thank you!

Edit: Please note that all suggestions that I have added to the trello will be reacted to by me with the informative tag. My work may slow down for the rest of the week but I hope to get every thing in place to get some great quality content pushed out.

• List
  20. Bodhi77

Bodhi77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Bring back OPFactions

• List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.