Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Skyblock Alpha The Current Best Ways to Make Money on Skyblock Alpha!

Discussion in 'Guides & Tutorials' started by VinityBH (Vee), May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, I'm Vee! I decided to make this guide so as to be more helpful towards newer players, or even veterans who might be not partaking in the most efficient ways to make money. I hope you enjoy this guide, and please leave constructive criticism and not things like "you're a fuckin weeb shut up NERDO" like some people seem to do. GL!

One of the most common questions that people ask when they first join the server is how to make money the quickest. I thought I would make this post to answer that very question, in varying degrees of difficulty, resources required, resilience needed, and the relative amount of money earned from every task! Keep in mind, many of these tasks work in MULTIPLE levels, primarily mining and cactus farms.

To start off, we are going to look at the most efficient ways for a BEGINNER to make money.

1. Mining
    The goal for a new player that would like to make money is simple: to make enough money to do other more complex and larger scale farms and grinders. The best way to do this currently is Mining. While mcmmo is currently broken, I would still suggest doing it.
    TIP: Ask for a pickaxe, politely. Many higher ranked players are willing to help you out, provided you do it in a respectful manner, and don't sound like you are begging, even though realistically you are.

Difficulty: 1/10-3/10, depending on the kind of cobble generator you use.
    Resources Required: 1/10, as you are given the materials to make a basic cobble generator in your starting island. After you amass enough materials, I would start lining up cobble generators, and then after a while doing that, throw some redstone and pistons in the mix.
    Resilience: The fantastic thing about mining is it is easy to do. Keep in mind, afking for long periods of time is currently allowed, so you can either tape down your mouse or put a weight on it (like a cactus plushie :D).
    Money Made: $
    TIP: Ask if anyone would repair your pickaxe for you, as almost all donors have ./fix! (Lord+)

2. Challenges
    This is for the players who want that premium, hot, and you guessed it, spicy skyblock experience. Many of the basic farms and challenges are fun to build without seeming like a chore, and yield good money rewards to start out with. You can even use mining to complete the cobblestone challenge to make some cash, I believe. Simply do /challenges, or /c, to read and get started on accomplishing things.
    TIP: Begging is NOT the way to go on this method of moneymaking. Other people generally do not have items for challenges, as they are usually pretty obscure and inefficient for higher tier players to use, so therefore they simply don't make them.

Difficulty: 1/10-3/10, depending on the challenges you choose to do. It takes a while to get the ball rolling, but it's the fun of the grind :D
    Resources Required: 1/10, you need nothing to get started besides things in your starter chest.
    Resilience: 2/10-3/10, I am not going to pretend challenges are far from tedious at times.
    Money Made: $

3. The good ol' AFK and AFPRAY
    Honestly, drop parties are nothing short of overpowered. I would highly recommend afking on alternate accounts overnight, as you often get zombie, skeleton, blaze, and on occasion IG spawners, which you can sell for LARGE amounts of money. Here is a short list on what I would recommend selling these spawners and other drops from Vote Parties for:
    • Zombie Spawner- $100k-$200k
    • Skeleton Spawner- $100k-$200k
    • Blaze Spawner- $500k
    • Iron Golem Spawner- $4.5M-$5M
    • Dragon Eggs- $200k-$300k
    • Vote Keys (If you so wish to sell them, though I recommend against it, but it seems that people like to put them up for half a mil...) $5k-$10k per key.
    • Consult the next section (Envoys) for Kit Token pricing.
    TIP: Something players like to do when they see a range of prices is to go "oh, 100k-200k? let me put it for 250k!" That is not how I made this guide on pricing. You are not a marketing genius. 100k-200k means 100k-200k, not 250k.
    Now I bet you are wondering, "But Vee, you handsome motherfucker, why not just make a farm using the spawners?" and you would have a point! You absolutely can make grinders with these spawners if you want to go through the effort, but I am aiming this section towards the newest of the new players here, who haven't built up the patience to build such a farm yet.

Difficulty: 1/10, seriously, all you have to do is stand there lmao
    Resources Required: 1/10, mate, you just need a block to stand on and you are good to go.
    Resilience: 1/10. Again, just leave your computer on, and you will be gucci.
    Money Made: $$$$

4. Envoys
    As much as I hate to admit it, and hate it in general, going for envoys in no armor is pretty meta. You can get bank notes ranging from 5k-100k, blocks which can be sold to the minerals shop (see tip below), kits which you can sell for small amounts in the AH, or, if you are lucky, rarer drops such as spawners, rank tokens, fly tokens, or nick tokens. Pricing for such kits and items are below!
    • Warrior Kit Token- $5k-$10k
    • Knight Kit Token- $10k-$15k
    • Lord Kit Token- $30k-$40k
    • Titan Kit Token- $100k
    • Warrior Rank Token- $3.5M-$4.5M
    • Knight Rank Token- $7M-$8.5M
    • /NICK Command Token- $700k-$800k
    • /FLY Command Token- $25M-$35M (People do not buy the often so the price range fluctuates a lot.)
    TIP: I bet you are wondering, but why not place the blocks for island level? My answer to that is in my opinion island level does not matter to new players. It does not give you items, and placing valuable blocks is much less beneficial than selling them. If you want to go for the vanity points, then do it later when you have some finances to back it up such as buying and placing end stone. more on that later, under the Expert section.

Difficulty: 1/10, all you have to do is pay attention in chat for the envoy broadcasts
    Resources Required: 1/10. Nothing, Just: run. BA DANANANANANANANA
    Resilience:
    2/10. It may take a while to get something good, or you might just get unlucky.
    Money Made: $$$

TIP, AND THIS IS A DAMN IMPORTANT TIP: IF YOU GET A RANK TOKEN, FLY TOKEN, OR A NICK TOKEN, USE THEM IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE KILLED BY RIGHT CLICKING THEM. Rank, Nickname and Fly tokens sell for a LOT of money, but they are not in high demand and usually would be better used by you claiming them for style points in chat or convenience.
    BONUS TIP: Making enemies is NOT something you want to do. No matter how peeved you may be, (and it can get really tilting), you ARE in a pvp arena... expect to be killed. A lot.

5. Chicken, Pig, Sheep, and Cow Spawners
    TIP:
    All mobs that cannot kill you require grass to be spawned on, and can be killed by fall damage.
    This is my least favorite method, and if you get such spawners, selling them is my recommendation, as they do not yield many drops. (prices to sell spawners down below.) You can make simple farms for them to sell their drops for some cash over time, however, by making a fall trap, preferably with lava to cook that thicc steak.
    • Chicken Spawner- $25k-$50k
    • Pig Spawner- $75k-150k
    • Sheep Spawner- $75k-150k
    • Cow Spawner- $75k-150k

Difficulty: 1/10, spawners are easily acquired in Vote Keys, which you should 100% use. For the love of god, do not sell them on the ah for large prices. Nobody wants a vote key for 10mil. Again, you are not a marketing genius. Please stop.
    Resources Required: 1/10-3/10, if you are selling them you don't need anything, but if you are making grinders, you need materials.
    Resilience: 1/10-3/10, see above.
    Money Made: $$

Next, once you have amassed a sizable balance (somewhere between $100k-$500k), you can start doing some INTERMEDIATE methods to make money.

1. CACCCCCCCTUSSSS FAAAAHRMMMSS- I mean- *cough*- Cactus Farms.
    It was unavoidable, I would have to talk about my beloved cactus farms eventually. Cactus farms are kind of a unique way to make money, as the amount you make depends on how competent you are in what design you use, how resilient you are, and how much playtime you have. For this reason, I am going to be talking about 2 different cactus farms: a smaller one (25x25, 3 layers) and my cactus farm (101x101, 15 layers) which will be in the EXPERT section.
    TIP: DO. YOUR. OWN. RESEARCH. If you really want to build large scale, make SURE you are doing it right. Ask around, especially in the cacc discord (a conglomeration of the cactus farm enthusiasts on skyblock alpha) or even do your own tests with worldedit or MCedit.

First I am going to talk about building a small cactus farm. Materials are not that expensive, besides sand, because fuck sand, why is it so expensive, this is hell, lower the damn price please thanks. If you want cactus, ASK ME POLITELY. I have way too much, and will give you a full inventory, as long as you are nice about it. As for other materials, that depends on what you want to use for your cactus design, as they come in all different shapes and sizes, but remember: if you build a cactus farm disorganized you are a sinner. (Not really, but trust me, you will regret it.) Use common sense. Ask for help. Look for errors and inefficiencies, and fix them.

Difficulty: 6/10. Dear god, placing materials is not easy. If you get a rank that can fly by the time you want to build this, the difficulty goes down to 3/10.
    Resources Required: 3/10. You need sand, and depending on the design, possibly packed ice, which is just as expensive.
    Resilience: 5/10-7/10, depending on if you have a fly rank or not.
    Money Made: $$$ (This may not seem like a lot, but you need to remember once you have it built it is a consistent flow of money, which is a downfall of envoys and drop parties.)

2. Spawners
    /skulls is the least used method to acquire spawners and money on this list, as most people just buy their spawners or get them in drop parties or envoys, but it is a good way to make money nonetheless. Spawners are extremely consistent in how much money you make per day. I feel like this category is fairly self explanatory, but for those who don't know what they are doing I recommend looking up tutorials on youtube.
    TIP: Everything that can kill you dies from fall damage, except for Iron Golems, which you can kill with lava, and Blazes, which you can kill with water.
    TIP: Remember, there is a 750 HOPPER LIMIT. Keep this in mind, and be smart with your drop platform as well as your sorting system in how many hoppers you use.

Difficulty:
    3/10-5/10. It depends how far you go with it, such as if you want a sorting system, what mobs you use specifically, et cetera.
    Resources Required: 3/10-5/10. Again, this depends on what mob you use, but obviously spawners are expensive, and so are hoppers. Be mindful of this.
    Resilience: 2/10. Building a box and some hoppers is not hard. Don't lie to me.
    Money Made: $$$-$$$$

Moving on, we are going to go into the EXPERT category. This is for players who have amassed a god rank either from purchasing it themselves, or doing first party trading to get a god rank for them, with the exception of the very few dumbasses who are lord rank and decide to do these kinds of farms anyway. (That would be me.)

1. EXTRA THICC CACTUS FARMS.
    Nobody likes doing these, and for good reason. They. Are. Hard. Currently, there are 3 players on the server who have passed the equivalent of 5 layers on a 101x101 farm with an efficient design: Me, MBTDAD, and Ember, in order from largest to smallest farms.
    So, why are they so difficult? There are two main reasons, the first being expenses. Sand and Packed Ice as previously stated are not cheap, and keep in mind, when you make a farm just 1 block larger in size by the base you are increasing the amount of materials needed exponentially. The second reason is the amount of time it takes and the resilience needed to make such a farm. Placing cactus for hours on end is kind of dull and boring.
    TIP: Using programs that will build such farms for you are an instant ban, so don't even think about it :>
    TIP: If you really are planning on embarking on such a farm, join the cacc discord so I can help you and give you advice here: https://discord.gg/tZuc8xz Trust me, the last thing you want is to be a week and 10mil into your farm, and then realizing it's off center.

Difficulty: 9/10. The prospect of having to space blocks out every other block (unless you use a less efficient design) is extremely precise and time consuming, as one small mistake can make the entire farm off center.
    Resources Required: 7/10-8/10. The amount of Packed Ice and Sand alone needed to build a 101x101x73 farm is easily more than 25mil.
    Resilience: 10/10. Good luck, lmao.
    Money Made: $$$$$$$

Here is a picture of the current state and size of my cactus farm, 101x101 with 15 layers. It makes $3.73M every 12 hours. upload_2018-5-17_15-34-4.png

2. God Generators.

While mining mcmmo may be broken (if you do not know what this is, google it) there is a possible workaround to making God Generators That yield mining mcmmo, and subsequently double ore drops as well as superbreaker. Your typical (non-mcmmo functional) god generator will look something like this, although this one is quite small: upload_2018-5-17_15-22-24.png
    Depending on what rank you are on the server, the ores will get less and less valuable. Because of the lag that these mines cause due to pistons, it is not worth it to make one without a god rank. Please save the server owners some headache.
    The most efficient way to use one of these mines is to use a God Pickaxe to mine ores with Superbreaker, and then to use ./blocks and sell the Diamond and Emerald Blocks to the shop. Many players simply throw out the Iron Ore and Gold Ore yielded from these generators, as smelting them is kind of a headache and does not give much money anyway.
    TIP: If you are a newer player, ask to use someone's god mine! We are really open to helping new players get a small startup boost, but keep in mind... griefing islands is an instant ban.
    End Stone is also prevalent in these mines, which you can either sell to other players for $70k-$120k per stack or place for 5 island level per block. End stone is by far the most efficient way to level up your island.

Difficulty: 1/10. Mining is quite simple and straightforward, but do try and keep the mine organized and not mine like a maniac that will make other people have trouble using their Superbreaker without falling into a hole.
    Resources Required: 3/10. A god pickaxe is not required, but strongly recommended, and pistons and redstone can get pricey when you build these large scale.
    Resilience: 4/10. Placing pistons, lava, and water can get pretty tedious, but after a while you will start to get into a rhythm.
    Money Made: Mining Level 1/Without mcmmo- $$ / Mining level 2500- $$$ / Mining level 10000- $$$$$$

3. A small amount of mini onions- I mean, Minions.
    Miner minions are small baby zombies that you can station in front of a cobblestone generator to mine for you. They are 15$ each in the Minesuperior shop: https://store.minesuperior.net/category/1047388
    Each minion is sold for around $70M-$75M in game. I bet you are wondering: "Vee, jesus christ how are you so hot, why is this not in the last category if they are so expensive?" The reason for this is- they are! But I am talking about one miner minion, or at least an extremely small amount, because that is the amount that the majority of EXPERT players usually have.
    Miner Minions are upgradable for $35M in game, but soon they are getting an update, so this may change based on what is rumored to be added to minions. Currently, the upgrades add inventory space, or allow you to change the name of the Minion, as well as the mining speed.
    Players with minions make money by selling the ores that minions mine. Since mostly God Ranks own minions, these blocks are Diamond, Emerald, and End Stone, primarily. Gold Ore and Iron Ore are also mined, but those are usually thrown out, as the headache of smelting so much ore is not worth the time.

Difficulty: 2/10. You need to build a cobble gen, whoopdy-doo.
    Resources Required: 10/10. Miner minions are not cheap with in game money, and are intended for extremely wealthy players.
    Resilience: 5/10. You need to clear minions out like, once or twice a day, but you also need to feed them extremely often.
    Money Made: $$$$$$

For the final part of this guide, we are going to look into the MASTER level of Skyblock Alpha players. These are the players who could literally cripple the economy and force a server reset if they wanted to. Currently on Skyblock Alpha, there is one active member of the community who can do so. (love ya Tea <3)

1. Mental amounts of Minions.
    This seems pretty self explanatory, here are the stats.

Difficulty: 4/10. You need a few more cobble gens, whoopdy-do^2
    Resources Required: ??/10. You either need to invest real money into the game, or be an economical genius to acquire this many minions.
    Resilience: 9/10-10/10. The more minions you have, the more minions need to be cleared out, unless you have other players do it for you.
    Money Made: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I hope this guide helps you out, good luck!

#1 VinityBH (Vee), May 16, 2018 at 9:20 PM
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  2. rocksar5934

rocksar5934 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Bloody hell that's a lot to take in.
    I think you have just possibly made one of the biggest threads on the MineSuperior forums.

3. JustTrash

JustTrash Renowned Member

Ratings:
    +675
  4. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +13
    I wanted to be uhhh... thorough. I was bored, and it was either a boring list that would look lazy and people would skim over or a buff post like this that people would see there is effort and competence put into.

5. nAughTy

nAughTy Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    You have a lot of spare time. loser

6. eldni

eldni Staff & Donations Manager

Ratings:
    +229
    Thank you @VinityBH (Vee)
    I'm probably gonna use it next time a player asks me how to get money on one of the SB's.

7. Hanyii

Hanyii Senpapi

Ratings:
    +70
    very helpful and detailed guide, well done !! (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵) these tips are really helpful, a lot of them actually helped me out before when i was just starting,, but psst if you actually get dragon eggs in a dp you should sell them to me (*¯︶¯*)

8. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +13
    Why sell them, when I can just give them to you...
    provided you don't sell them for your own profit <3

9. Aidentist

Aidentist Rippin'ndDippin'it

Ratings:
    +130
    Great job, thank you for putting your effort and time into making this, I will make sure to link a player this when they want to know a good way on how to make money!

10. buttermilk326

buttermilk326 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    This is a very well written post I loved it
    I’m just asking but you should make another post like this regarding how profitable all the different spawners are I feel like it would help out people who feel like mining just isn’t their style

All in all very very good post!

11. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +13
    I would if I used spawners... sadly, I do not. They are too much of a hassle, but I will consider having some other players help me out. Another reason I may be hesitant to make that post is that shop prices are being changed soontm.

12. YmirGod

YmirGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I think this is a great thread, but I am kinda curious how your cactus farm makes 3mil in 12 hours. Do you use a sell-wand? But, once again great thread. I'll use this if I ever get into Skyblock Alpha.

13. meat_wagon22

meat_wagon22 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    oh my god. You hold the record for longest, most helpful and most damn awesome thread on all the forums. I salute you. *salute*

14. VinityBH (Vee)

Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, I use a sell wand to sell all 145 of my chests. They fill up rather quickly due to me paying another player to afk because I cannot (thanks ember <3) and it makes 3,730,000, of which I pay a percentage to Ember.

15. Poonda

Poonda Panda! Panda Panda Panda!

Ratings:
    +250
    Amazing, good job Vee. Keep it up.

16. rocksar5934

rocksar5934 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    At least his spare time is being used for a good reason.Unlike your spare time.

#16 rocksar5934, May 19, 2018 at 8:43 PM
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  17. nAughTy

nAughTy Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    LoooooL!!!!! k

18. YmirGod

YmirGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29
    honestly get rekt