Welcome to Minesuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Weekly Update #10: Skyblock Taxes, OPPrison Buy, Creative Battles and Donor Sales

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Boomclaw, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Boomclaw

Boomclaw Manager

Ratings:
    +82
    [​IMG]
    Greetings all.

We're back to the weekly updates schedule and this week we've got a lot of fantastic changes to present. First of all, we are pleased that you guys are thrilled with the new server-only ranks. It has taken a lot of effort to get them right and ensure that they are fully compatible across the network.

[​IMG]
    In order to maintain a competitive and fair economy on Skyblock, we've spent several days working on an algorithm to allow new players to invest and grow whilst allowing harsh challenges for rich players to maintain their positions. We decided it would be the in server's interest to distribute this wealth and encourage new players to take risks - a good chunk of the taxes collected would be put into the lottery pot daily.

Tax brackets:
    • $0 to $500,000: 0.05%
    • $500,000 to $5,000,000: 0.1%
    • $5,000,000 to $25,000,000: 0.25%
    • $25,000,000 to $100,000,000: 0.5%
    • $100,000,000 and above: 0.75%
    These tax brackets are subject to change but its fair to say we are pretty pleased with them.

[​IMG]
    Following the success of a easy-to-use /buy on Skyblock, we decided to begin rolling it out across the network. OPPrison has been fitted with this system - it displays the perks you get with each ranks in a clear readable fashion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We're happy to present that we are adding two new ranks in-between Architect and Judge. These ranks are called Supreme and Master!​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    We have added these ranks due to inflation in the Architect and Apprentice levels. We found that some people were at Architect's skill level but were not quite ready to achieve Judge. These ranks should help level the playing field, meaning that skilled builders have more to work towards and achieve.​

This is something that has been requested for a long time and I'm happy to say that it has finally been implemented! The premise of this is simple; join a game, get given a theme and build that theme to your best ability. Once time is up, each player will be able to vote on each other's builds. The winner will be whoever receives the highest number of positive votes!​

[​IMG]
    Prizes are also given out for the top three contestants! They are listed below:
    • 1st Place: 5 Coins
    • 2nd Place: 4 Coins
    • 3rd Place: 3 Coins
    You may have noticed that the prizes above are issued in "coins" rather than "tokens". This is because we found that tokens were very tedious to obtain and not beneficial to Creative at all. So, everyone's balance has been set to 200 Coins, in hopes of a better economy.​

[​IMG]

We're pretty proud to release new mini-games! We decided to add these games to add some little touches of fun in Creative. It's also something to do when you're in need of coins! The games we added are Battleship, Gem Crush, and Sudoku.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm proud to say we have selected @xLockinq to be in charge of donations support - he has shown real commitment to the players. After launching the server only ranks, we heard your complaints that you didn't want to push out more money to obtain these luxuries therefore we've decided to allow you guys to take advantage of a limited time sale.

For the next 2 weeks, we are allowing you to purchase the server-only ranks at a discount depending on your current global rank.
    • Premium: 10% off
    • Elite: 20% off
    • Superior: 30% off
    • King: 40% off
    • Emperor: 50% off
    To take advantage of this great deal, PM @xLockinq with your current username and your current rank. He will confirm it on our records and provide you with a voucher. If this voucher is not used by you within the 2 weeks, it will expire. If the voucher is used by another player, we will ban the player. It is only to be used to obtain a "rank up" per say, it is not used for trading or anything of the sort.

[​IMG]
    This is the changelog from the 5th June to 11th June.

Global (+ other):
    • Updated /staff with a more advanced edition.
    Staff:
    Skyblock:
    • Reduced melon sell price from $5 → $3 to further encourage other farms
    • Fixed incorrectly formatted tags
    • Tax System
      • 0-500K (.05%)
        • Balance * .0005 = Tax
      • 500K-5M (.1%)
        • Balance * .001 = Tax
      • 5M-25M (.25%)
        • Balance * .0025 = Tax
      • 25M-100M (.5%)
        • Balance * .005 = Tax
      • 100M+ (.75%)
        • Balance * .0075 = Tax
    • Updated Island Levels to match Economic Values
      • Price in Shop / 50,000 = Island Level Value
        • Ex. (End Frame) 140M / 50,000 = 2800 Island Levels
    • Added Spawners to lockable blocks.
    • Fixed SkyTitan to have 12 vaults instead of 10
    • Began request for new spawn
    • Updated /staff to match rank colors
    OPPrison:
    • Added per-server ranks
      • Sergeant
      • Lieutenant
      • Captain
      • Major
      • Warden
    • Added /buy from Skyblock
    • These custom enchants were removed
      • Lightning
      • Rage
      • Enlightened
      • MoreHearts
      • ShotGun
      • Hardened
      • Implants
      • Boomerang
      • Vampire
    OP Factions:
    • Added per-server ranks:
      • Merchant
      • Mercenary
      • Citizen
      • Knight
      • Champion
    • Perks fixed for the per-server ranks.
    • Corresponded permissions with per-server ranks.
    Till next time,
    Boomclaw out.

#1 Boomclaw, Jun 11, 2017 at 10:26 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. TemChan

TemChan Takis Lord
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +112
    Cool and first comment :3

3. LukeyPoo

LukeyPoo Member

Ratings:
    +2
  4. xLockinq

xLockinq Server Staff
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +222
    Nice Update as always Boom!

5. Taboshkas

Taboshkas Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +21
  6. Randomb

Randomb Code Geass Fanboy

Ratings:
    +74
    I literally wrote the whole Creative section. Plagiarism is a punishable offence @Boomclaw. Anyhow amazing changes, hope to see more soon!

7. _JJ

_JJ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is cool :)

8. DangerZone408

DangerZone408 Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +72
  9. RellinQuest

RellinQuest Server Staff
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +12
    I am excited for what's to come with more and more updates, I like the direction the server is going! Hope to see you all soon when I am done getting settled.

10. LeGingeryPepper

LeGingeryPepper Server Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +4
  11. OhMsJoshuaDun

OhMsJoshuaDun Smol Bean
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +43
    Noice update like always!
    ~ØhMsJoshuaDun

12. AimbotStrafe

AimbotStrafe @AimbotStrafe

Ratings:
    +30
    Love how it's just staff commenting on here :') where them players at!

13. ElectraPvP

ElectraPvP Member

Ratings:
    +6
  14. xXandrew120Xx

xXandrew120Xx Member

Ratings:
    +3
    WTF £315.95 for the highest rank on op fac as i said no kid is going to be able to save that much up in a reasonable amount of time this server is now officially shit now because of these server only ranks and also a breach of the MC eula it wasn't so bad before for a global rank but that is just major overkill Money begger and PAY TO WIN springs to mind

15. Randomb

Randomb Code Geass Fanboy

Ratings:
    +74
    Since most people only play one or two servers, then the specific ranks are much better, rather then causing inflation across the whole network.

16. xXandrew120Xx

xXandrew120Xx Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes I understand that I play on more than just one server creative,skywars,opfactions, make the prices more reasonable more like £150-200 not £300+ just think almost £1000 for just 3 servers I play no kid is going to be able to save that much within a reasonable amount of time it took me over a year just to save for what I have (off sale) that was over £200 ish