Welcome to MineSuperior!

Hi there, and welcome to the MineSuperior community! In order to participate, you are required to register. To do so, please click the "Sign Up" button below. Doing so will grant you the ability to create discussions, post replies, create polls, share your game experience and much more!

Why are there no mods/admins on faction server?

Discussion in 'Factions Server' started by Dankister_Prime, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Dankister_Prime

Dankister_Prime Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone,

I'm really enjoying playing on this server and I'm sure I will play on it for a long time. But I don't understand why there's practically no mods/admins ever online on the factions server. And if there are, why is there so few considering there's always 200-700 people online?

I've only been playing a few days and I've seen too many racists rants, also an increasingly large number and already quite substantial number of people seem to be using hacks. Since there's no moderators online basically nothing happens and everyone gets away with it.

No racism, no hacks is a consensus all minecraft servers hold...

Will Mine-superior hire more faction server moderators or will it continue to be too lawless? I'll do my best to report people but it shouldn't be this unmoderated in-game.

Cheers guys

2. Teywer

Teywer Forums όχι-ζωη
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +534
    We try to maintain moderation of factions, but for our small staff team it is hard to always have someone online. This issue is exacerbated by the fact that most of our team is volunteer, meaning that they have to prioritise real life, such as school and jobs. If you feel like factions needs more staff; Apply! We are always looking for more staff

3. Vyz

Vyz Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    The Staff to Player ratio is fairly low, which implies that the amount of applicants that are denied is fairly large amount. I suppose that it would be beneficial to slightly decrease standards and give more people a chance in order to have active staff, rather than have no staff at all...

4. Teywer

Teywer Forums όχι-ζωη
    Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +534
    No point having more staff if they cant cope with it and arent able to do their job

5. DUYA

DUYA Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I would rather have less, experienced staff members than a lot of inexperienced staff members. It's not easy building up staff on a server, and I'm sure everyone is declined for a reason.

6. dieBöseKatze

dieBöseKatze Member

Ratings:
    +11
    True. If you did have a lot more inexperienced staff members, then they might not even be able to take control of the situation and things might go out of hand. Therefore, it's just going to be like it was unmoderated.

So, I wouldn't lower the standards that have already been set but would suggest making an announcement that folks are looking for staff on factions. I'm sure a lot more people would apply if they had seen the demand for moderators if made announced.

7. OptimusButter

OptimusButter Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. __Hope

__Hope Cool Bean

Ratings:
    +379
    i've heard that people have gotten denied for disinterest which really isn't a good reason. i'm sure the people who get denied for this can handle pressure just as easily as those who are already validated & accepted.

9. xati

xati Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Hacking is a major problem for servers. People leave them just because of the hackers, and the hackers are just on infinite alts & they dont care about getting a simple ban. A more agressive anticheat would be nice, but i can see alot of people getting falsely banned. Its really just a situation where they need to balance everything as well as they can, and i can probably assure you that the staff team isnt sitting on their head doing nothing hehe :p

10. Vyz

Vyz Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    The only way to gain experience is if they get accepted in the first place.

11. DUYA

DUYA Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What about experience on other servers?